3.01.2010

your number 1 source for pictures of me

IMG_5655

oh thank god some more photos of me!

I've been thinking a lot about how dumb it is to post countless pictures of oneself on one's blog. But then I realized that's what I like about other people's blogs. That you get a literal picture of them and also a written picture of them. Complimentary like.

IMG_5673

I am very into this skirt which I made (same pattern I ripped off as the dress I wore to the actra awards) I've been wearing a bit too frequently like soon someone's going to tell me to get a new outfit for godsakes. Just kidding it's not like anyone ever notices anyone other then themselves.
Then? I mean than. I think.

IMG_5649

IMG_5637

I maybe am going to a very fancy party featuring a basketball team named after dinosaurs this week and whenever I get to go to anything fancy I always feel a bit like J.Lo in Maid in Manhattan (hahahaa) like I should borrow a fancy dress and a harry winston diamond wreath necklace and stuff and have to hide the fact that usually I'm the server at said games and no one would normally look at me but now that my hot ass is on display...

Lately I've been kind of worrying about JOKES and whether or not people get my jokes like I just texted "it's going to be so rad. I'm going to kiss everyone on the lips and get 10 rich boyfriends" but I resist writing stuff like that on here in case anyone takes me too seriously.

IMG_5629

Did you know that I am very into reading blogs? I assumed everyone who was into writing blogs was into reading blogs but I guess it's sort of like poetry (everyone producing no one consuming).  Lots of blog writers don't really keep up with other blogs. I don't read the ones that annoy me but I do read lots of people's -- pretty much everything that's in my blog roll on the side there. I love being able to get a little bit of someone's life. So lovely sometimes.
Also, if you've commented and left your url I probably read your blog, too.. even if I've never commented.
I'm terrible for never commenting and I keep meaning to start but I don't want to come off as too big of a creeper. I also want to seem cool like I wouldn't have time for blog reading (the only thing I have is time! Christ, I just watched 4 seasons of Lost in 3 weeks!)

I met Nicole the other night when she recognized me from blogs and she was really lovely and now I can read her blog too!

I'm not the biggest into social media-- I'm uncomfortable trying to sell myself to people all the time or pretend that my dailies are the most exciting ever. I'm uncomfortable pretending I like people who I don't and I am uncomfortable with using people.
I like the social aspect of it. I like reading stuff from like-minded people and seeing photos of people's lives and I like communicating but I get a bit tired of some of the politics of what used to be such a straight-forward community-based (like livejournal or diaryland) medium.

I've known Raymi super vaguely for over a year but it's only recently that I felt comfortable enough to actually be friends with her because I didn't want her to think I was sucking up to use her or something. Also I was a bit intimidated by her. And then it turned out she thought I hated her. Kinda funny. Especially since we are both pretty down-to-earth and friendly and nice (well her at least).
She was surprised to learn that I've read her blog for a couple of years and even introduced Sass to it, because I never comment. I guess I should comment more.

IMG_5651

I'm still eyeballs deep in this new great idea but I'm waiting for my enthusiasm to wear off. If you know me I'm the queen of not-getting-around-to-it.
Though I have gotten around to things in the past, I also constantly have new giant exciting plans that never materialize.
That's almost okay and also something I should work on. Now.
blog comments powered by Disqus