3.10.2010

had two dolls one named Polly and one named Pollyanna they were twins but one was smaller

IMG_0560
My kitchen has never been this clean. I have multiple projects I'm avoiding by cleaning. Amazing. IMG_0575
I like singing along to french songs more than english ones. except I don't know the words properly. but when I do it's extra rewarding. Plus I think my voice is more tolerable in french. maybe I will make a video about it for you sometime.


IMG_0571


Tomorrow (Thursday) I will be telling a story at the Cloak and Dagger. Not just any story but a story to the whole room. this is the event page. Come to it!!! 
I didn't invite that many people on FB because, well, I don't know. But you should come and hear me tell a story that's probably from my life and probably true. 
To be entirely honest I have not decided which story I will tell. But it will probably be super-interesting and possibly embarrassing. 
You will also get to see Cpt. Heh tell a story and also some music! Good music! 
I'm bad at plugging things. 


IMG_0573


I thought I felt like going to CMW this week but  I guess I don't really feel like going after all. Which is better on the pocketbook and better on the trying-to-party-less front. But if I were going to go to CMW, these are the people I would see: 


WEDNESDAY

10:  Jason Collett (it doesn't actually say what time exactly but around then) -- Lee's Palace
11: Will Currie and the Country French - Gladstone Ballroom 
Zeus (again don't have an exact time I would bet it'd be closer to midnight or 1 actually) -- Lee's Palace 
12: Gentlemen Husbands (I have never heard of this band but I love that name also apparently they like to party? I'm in.) - Gladstone Ballroom 
1: Fucked Up - El Mocambo 

THURSDAY:
8:30: Magneta Lane - Horseshoe
10: Forest City Lovers - Drake Underground 
The Rhythm Method - Rancho Relaxo 
10:15 Woodhands - Opera House 
11: Timbre Timbre - The Great Hall 
11:30 K-OS - Opera House 
12: Will Currie - Mitzi's Sister
The Sheepdogs (Saskatoon) - Central (could visit Raymi) 
Wordburglar - Rancho Relaxo 
Cadence Weapon - The Garrison 
12:10 Besnard Lakes - Horseshoe
1: The Ghost is Dancing - Silver Dollar 
Flash Lightnin' - Tattoo Rock Parlour 
1:20 Great Bloomers - Horseshoe 

FRIDAY
8ish: CATL (I still think this name is not-great but they're pretty fun) - Comfort Zone
8: Isla Craig and the Continental Drift - Comfort Zone
9: Huron (I just like this name and if you were at Comfort Zone you might as well stay) - Comfort Zone 
10: The D'Ubervilles - The Garrison 
11: Flash Lightnin' - The Supermarket 
12: The Schomberg Fair - Sneaky Dee's
12:10 Hot Hot Heat (leave me alone they are so fun kind of even though they are annoying, I know) - Horseshoe
1:
2: Hmmm there's nothing I'm that into for later eve that I already know about

SATURDAY
9:45: Rural Alberta Advantage - Royal York Indie Awards thing (HOW DO YOU GET ME INTO THIS?oh I see, by buying a $20 ticket. hmm. )
Great Lake Swimmers -  Royal York Indie Awards thing (buy me a ticket?)
10:10 The Beauties - Horeshoe 
11: Grand Analog - Drake Underground 
Sweet Thing - Lee's Palace 
Meligrove Band - The Garrison 
11:30 The Long Haul (I think JVT's in this band but he's in every band) - Mitzi's Sister 
11:45 Constantines -  Royal York Indie Awards thing (come one, who's going to buy me a ticket?)
12: Maylee and Pegwee Power - Bread and Circus 
12:10 Two Hours Traffic - Horeshoe
1: Gentlemen Husbands (still just like that name) - Hideout (is serving until 4 or something!) 
2: Give Us the Daggers (this is a fun band) - Silver Dollar (also serving so late!) 
3: The Darcys - Sneaky Dee's 




I may be in for a show here or there, though. And I may be down for drinking until 4. But that's nothing new. 


IMG_0572


Didn't really mean to go out last night but Dollface was out and about and so I went and met up with her at Union and then we went to Sweaty Betty's for beers (Sopporooooooo). Sweaty Betty's had a couple of babes and a lot of awkwardness! Actually, I think that's the story of my life. 
Doll is way better at being nice to people than (then?) I am and humoring people and she can engage pretty much anyone in conversation. I constantly do not realize she wants out of a situation because she seems so relaxed. 
I, on the other hand, am the most consistently rude and and stand-off-ish person I know of. 
I need to hone the skill of being friendly and nice and talking to people I don't have any interest in. I've met people who thought I was the snottiest rudest person and then it turned out that we became best friends. 
Part of it (in my minimal defense) is that I'm quite shy and I also assume that no one really likes me. 
But the (bigger) part of it is that I don't like a lot of people and I have a fear of getting trapped in pointless conversation with people who annoy me. 


IMG_0567


I'm going to have to learn to suck it up in order to network properly and become a BIG BIG STAR. Or maybe I'll just be recognized for my excellent talent and people will be so reverent of me that my bad manners won't matter at all! 


Ha, I've noticed that I've started yawning when I'm feeling too awkward. Just the biggest yawns. I think I forget to breathe properly when I'm feeling too stressed by a situation or want to appear aloof. 


IMG_0566


My friend one time did a movie with Susan Sarandon and Susan took my friend out to lunch but when my friend gets nervous she just gets super tired and shuts down a bit. So through lunch she just yawned a lot and acting uninterested and standoffish, when really she was quite admiring of Susan Sarandon.


IMG_0563


Sorry if I wasn't supposed to blog that story! Tell me if you want me to take it down. Also, when you get to go on Jimmy Kimmel you should definitely tell that story. 

IMG_0564

Speaking of Jimmy Kimmel, just in case you haven't seen this: 


I had a dream that I was going on Jimmy Kimmel but I couldn't remember which project I was promoting but then I realized that he wasn't even expecting me as a guest, my mum just wrangled it so that I could sneak on at the last minute.
This is especially funny if you know my mum as she has approximately zero interest in pop culture let alone being a stage mum.

Don't worry, the story I tell tomorrow night will be much more fascinating than that one.

IMG_0558

Aaaanyway, holy tangent. At Sweaty Betty's I saw my one Ossington crush (minimal crush, this one). I see him everywhere I go and he's always with a different lady. Pretty awesome! 
Although, to be fair, you could say the same thing about me. I am frequently out with different dudes and different ladies and that's just because I'm the friendliest person. 

IMG_0556

A guy bought me and Doll some tequila and we danced around with him and his friends. 
We ate three bags of chips and a pickle. Maybe it'd be best if bars didn't sell chips. Also Dollface had mini-eggs in her bag and the mini-eggs had pop rocks in their shells! What! I ate so many of them. 

As we were leaving a little acquaintance of mine was dancing on the bar. It was just that time of night, I guess. 

IMG_0550

Then we went to Lakeview Lunch (because the chips and pickles and mini-eggs weren't enough) and I saw that crush again and he smiled at me but I didn't smile back because I'm too awkward I just yaaawned instead.  
Plus I think that crush is wearing off, I have a bigger one on the mind. mmmmmmmmmmm.
Nothing like a good crush. No, really though. 
A crush, in the good beginning stages, is hard to beat. 
Though I'm wary (in my old age) of things going downhill fast and of being disillusioned and realizing that I don't even really like said babe. (or, worse, that he doesn't like me.) 

IMG_0552

I like smug cats. 
blog comments powered by Disqus