3.05.2010

dog dreams

IMG_8434

IMG_8430

lately I want a dog
a big dog

I want a big dog
in the bed taking up too much space
a big dog kicking out in his sleep

to replace

these men. wish-washing their way about around here
a misguided waltz, botching the lead
tripping on their feet - moving in all the wrong directions
sabotaged by how I've greased the floor,
by how I refuse to let them guide me

they are promising or not promising
with their soft fingers
and the shady life-lines
threading down their palms
with the stubble patches on their jaws
and the way they kiss

like they're serious
like this is serious

candidates with all the wrong credentials
and I'm still hiring them on, letting them go
turning them over

so lately
I want a dog


that big dog
snoring in the night, taking up too much space
that big dog kicking out in his sleep

IMG_8429

(from the last issue of my tiny magazine because I don't write anything new anymore. Also, I think my mum took these photos)
blog comments powered by Disqus