3.26.2010

looks warm out but it definitely isn't

I totally had insomnia for the first time in forever last night. Usually I am the best at sleeping. Oh, except when I'm at someone else's house and I wake up at 7 or 8 and can't get back to sleep. That's annoying.

Anyway, none of my regular tricks were working and so I ended up being awake until 4 a.m. reading, which was a bit annoying since I meant to go to sleep by 2 so that I could get up at a reasonable time today and get something accomplished. WHATEVER.

I did go to visit Sub Rosa to visit my friend and have my picture taken in some awesome outfits (pictures to follow, I hope!) and I did get groceries (even catfood, you're welcome, Ruth Buzzi) and I did make mushroom soup (a little too salty, lesson learned).

So leave me alone. I'm productive!

Last night was the welcome back/refresher training thing for the dome. Man those are always a party, eh? We mostly made a billion jokes in the back row sort of and that made it okay.
Also they gave us food which I couldn't eat except for the chips. I had some fat yogurt raisins with me so I ate those loudly during the session.

Also the police guys from the 52 division were so nice. I just wanted them to be my best friends and hang out forever. They were so confident and calm and nice. I find it reassuring when police are so lovely.

My best joke of the night when our presenter was talking about upselling and she was like "what do people usually order together?"
me: "pizza dough with toppings and cheese on the top"

I have this unfortunate habit of laughing at my own jokes forever but, even worse, I tend to quietly make a joke and try not to laugh and then take a sip or a bite of something and then snort it right out my nose when I realize that I can't hold back about how funny I am.

Honestly, no one even thinks I'm funny the way I do.

Also, my know-it-all-ism was in full effect last night. I'm still waiting on growing out of that one!

Three more days of working (counting today) and then one day off!
My life would be hard if my shifts weren't only four hours long.

NO PICTURES TODAY.
blog comments powered by Disqus