3.22.2010

the future is full of kinks

IMG_0652

Went to pick up JL from the doctor today as he had day surgery and was put out for it and I am his best (most reliable) friend.
Coming out of the anesthetic JL says to one of the nurses:

"Hey, have we met yet? We should go somewhere to talk once this shit wears off."


I have been laughing about this for approximately 4 hours now.
Perfect in pretty much every way.

IMG_0650

Yeah Dollface drove us and she and I got booster juices but not one for JL because we're selfish and the nurse made fun of us.

Then JL got some pills from the pharmacy vending machine in the lobby and I was wowed because we now live in the future except it's not the future anymore it's now.

I took pictures of the vending machine put putting shitty point-and-shoot narrative shots up beside dslr self-timer glamor shots of me really just doesn't seem right.

IMG_0588

There was a guy with the vending machine who helped us through the process I guess the vending machine isn't quite independent yet. The guy was super nice and friendly and we had lots of time to chat because the vending machine has a few kinks to be worked out and he ended up telling us about when him and his friends went camping in bellwoods and drove their trucks into the bowl(???) but then they got cold and went home. WTF? Amazing story.

IMG_0654

There's actually a few stories that I've been laughing about pretty much all day but a couple of them involve farting and I don't think they translate well.
I'm still laughing about I call muffins donuts, though. No one else? Really?

IMG_0629

When I was little after dinner I was allowed to have dessert which was usually
1 wagon wheel
or
3 cookies
or
1 cupcake
or
5 of those toffee eclair candy things
or
small dish of ice cream
or
you know, whatever else we had in the house.
Anyway, one time there wasn't much for dessert and I was pitching a fit and my mum said
"Nowhere is it written that one gets to have dessert"
And so (obviously) I went off and wrote a list of things I got to have in order that she should never get to say that again.

IMG_0618

I like stories about me being a clever child especially these days as it becomes clearer and clearer that I am nowhere near as smart as I think I am.

In fact that will be the name of my autobiography:
Nowhere Near As Smart As I Think I Am: The Meredith R. Mistletoe Story

author photograph:
IMG_0638

No need to back me up on this one, thanks guys.

IMG_0584
I never get around to properly throwing anything out so obviously plants I get that die just get put on shelves in the dark and now look, tiny sprouts from these bulbs!

IMG_0583

I'm super-impatient for them to be real plants! My mum says they probably won't be anything much this time around but I have faith in them! Grow, little guys!

IMG_0581

There's that strange bundle of nails there beside them, the roofers left them in my windowsill and so I took them inside. I think they're kind of pretty? Or I'm just lazy about getting rid of them?

IMG_0577

IMG_0600
Good thing the sun still shines through my sticky-out ears.

IMG_0602
I'm in love with the dreary grey sort of day it's being out there mainly because I have nothing that neeeeds to be done and it's warm in here and Ruth Buzzi is twitching in her sleep beside me and life is kinda a-okay right now.

IMG_0635
I really didn't mean for these photos to also make it look like I wasn't wearing any clothes. Win some lose some.
blog comments powered by Disqus