3.18.2009

on how Tuesday and Sunday were very much the same

So Sunday I went with Cpt. and co and Dollface and co to Dakota and on the way there I was telling Cpt. about how many people have sent me the link to this video (in case you haven't yet seen it):


And one of the people who sent it to me was JoshuaVT, my blog friend who I'd never met in real life. And then when we got to Dakota, he was playing! How wild is that!

joshua cockrill and co.
I like meeting people off the internet, I think it is fun. I also think I am a remarkable judge of people through their writing. But that's another story.
dakota tavern party town
Anyway, he was very nice and we chatted about kittens and stuff. Surprisingly.
drumming skillz
The band was very fun, Joshua Cockerill and we danced a bit.
And mostly drank.

Then I went to the bathroom and took photos of myself in the mirror.
oooooo mirror
This was before DF took a spill in the washroom. She was trying to get fluff out of my hair and went right back onto her butt. And then sort of pretended like she meant to be sitting there on the floor. I laughed and laughed.
bathroom break


Then Justin Rutledge and Bill Priddle played with them. Yes.
party party

Who the hell ordered three Bud Lights? Right at last call?
who ordered the BUD LIGHT??
Dollface, of course. I had to drink them all/pawn them off on people to keep them from going down her gullet. Sometimes we get a bit messsy.

I bought this super comfortable dress from Honest Ed's last week it cost $2.99 or something ridiculous like that. It is so comfortable. That's why I prefer dresses to other clothes, pure comfort no hard digging, etc.
what a lady!
I discovered that the front goes right across and I stood around like that for a good portion of the evening.

We went to Lakeview Lunch afterwards. Obviously. Once I start partying I have a hard time stopping.
girl talk at lakeview
There were way too many of us. A bunch of girls from Dollface's restaurant + other friends of ours.. we took up a couple of big tables.
lakeview lunch

Is the Lakeview Lunch actually any good?
Yes, yes it is. Though mostly I've only had the veggie burgers and the four cheese grilled cheese. But the grilled cheese is amazing and the sweet potato fries are delicious and the side salad is nice and I have no idea why but they don't have nachos but they do have "Frachos Tom Cruise" which is a good name, anyway.
Also good milkshakes and mostly I like the feel of the restaurant, it's brighter and warm and the booths are comfy and kind of cozy.
Oh and the waitstaff are nice, one babe in particular is very patient with us (me) and he's kind of funny like
"can I have the veggie burger?"
"no"
"what? why not?"
"because we don't have any"
and they really didn't... and I was sad, but it was still funny.

this picture was taken it way too low of light
Here is DF insisting on paying the bill and Cpt agreeing that she should.
dollface insisting on paying the bill

Tuesday was pretty much like Sunday, except a few different people, and The Beauties playing Pogues songs.
I did not feel like going out. The Cpt. and I had drank beers in the afternoon and I've been hormonal like you would not believe and so I had a nap and I did not feel like getting up from it.
But I went and stood in line for an hour (and some dudes totally cut past me which was bad enough but I swear they didn't even notice. Ugh, dudes!

It did end up being fun, not too crazy in there no one falling over too badly no one got bottled! Scoped some babes, drank some vodka, danced.
Held the beer in my cleavage

Because I am classsssssssssy.

I took that picture so you could see that all dudes onstage had their pants cuffed the same. Fashion!
IMG_0390
Oh, yeah, our one friend was kind of off her head she went and made out with this guy. He'd only been in the country for 5 days, welcome to Canada, eh?
Then she also started making out with Cpt. and it was tooooo funny and I almost fell over and then we all stared and pointed and laughed. Hmm, yeah that story isn't as funny written out.
IMG_0378

Yeah, ended up at Lakeview again, met up with Sass and her crew of young and younger babes. I think I made pretty mean faces at some of them, but I just wasn't feeling particularly patient.
At least I didn't give them death glares like I did to one of DF's men the other night. Haha, he also overheard us calling him a douche. Well, don't be a douche then.
"Do I get to meet your discerning friend? I don't think she likes me very much."

IMG_0377
IMG_0374

I'm thinking about taking a break tonight, I'm feeling like hell like I can't even say, but I am working the Britney Spears concert tonight, which I'm mildly excited about because it's a three-ring circus performed in the round and that sounds pretty entertaining, don't even lie.

Ugh this is long! Work just texted me saying that they expect me a half an hour earlier than posted. Hmm.. I don't think that's even possible.
blog comments powered by Disqus