3.10.2009

impressive impressed

Dear men-with-no-chins,
growing a bad goatee will not fool me into thinking you indeed have a chin.
from,
a fellow no-chinner.


I just watched a couple of episodes of that Canadian show Less Than Kind on CityTV's website. Has anyone else watched any of this show? It's about a 15 overweight nerdy boy and his completely disfunctional family in Winnipeg.
I'd been meaning to watch it for awhile, but had to wait 'til they put it online since I am never home to actually watch actual TV.
Um, I really like it!
(How glad am I every time I honestly enjoy a Canadian television program? It's sad, really.)

1. Produced by Mark McKinney. Sharp writing and tonnes of bleeped-out swear words.

2. From the ads for it I thought the actor-brother character would be a caricature and obnoxious, but actually he is quite funny. Coming close to too much occasionally though.

3. Maury Chaykin is awesome. He's such a fun person to watch and plus he's bought ice cream from me before and was always very sweet. Ha, actually, his character reminds me of my old boss from there - those who have met that old boss should watch this to see what I mean "I'm not yelling! Was I yelling?! I'm not yelling!", etc.

4. The nerds! I love nerds! I love highschool (and never wish to go back there. ever.) Great casting on the two supporting nerds, totally totally nerdy.

5. The lead actor - he is only my brother's age and playing younger, but he is strong and funny and sympathetic. And feels authentic.

6. Weakerthans theme song. Nice.

7. "this is a very large dildo. Are you sure you don't have a light?"

Making lists about things is way easier than writing out essays about them. There are things I'm not that into about it. Some of the characters are too much and stuff. But we'll see. I was very pleasantly surprised and I wonder if kids my brothers age would appreciate this show/relate to it...?



Skydome was deeeaaaaaad tonight, nothing to do. I was so bored I cried. I ate pizza in one of the big cupboards for awhile. That part was okay. Oh yeah and one the moustaches came to visit me so that took up a few minutes at least. I also danced around and bossed the new girl.
Pretty classic.

Came home, watched internet TV, ate some hummus. Oh god I'm exciting!!!



Also, I'm pretty sure that Chris Brown's defence that "Rhianna started it" is complete bullshit.
Not that women should hit. No one should hit. But hitting back is not the solution. Especially when you are much, much stronger. And uttering death threats? Classy.
I don't know though, guys. If an 19-year-old kid beats up his girlfriend, should he be written off forever? Does this act of violence mean he will never be able to be in a healthy relationship? Oprah says "he will hit her again". Which, knowing cycles and patterns of violence, is probably true. He's probably hit her in the past.
But he is still a kid. I don't know I don't know.
I'm not defending him, just.. yeah. Violence is so hard on everyone. Obviously.

So I'm going to sleep.
blog comments powered by Disqus