11.17.2009

paaaaarty party paaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty around here

Oh, obviously!
Obviously I would be hit with a wave of melancholy at 3 a.m.
this is what I get for being sober three days in row!


Today I didn't really leave the house. I cleaned up a bit and cooked up some delicious rice and lentils and I made some Christmas crafts and wrapped up the first three Christmas gifts I've purchased. I watched TV on the internet and also watched Elf on the actual TV (I turn the TV on so little these days).
It's so lovely to spend time alone and to remember that I'm good at crafts and lettering and tiny paintings and art projects. How fun!

Remember when we used to do art together? Never really in Toronto but in Saskatoon we used to do more things besides get drunk. Or at least I think we did? Didn't we?


Bed parties, craft parties, cookie-baking nights, slurpee and candy runs, bringing Blizzards to boys and then climbing into their beds without being invited. Laugh-In watching parties. Chai-tea latte parties, girly slumber parties, visiting people at work parties, driving around parties, parking in wal-mart's parking lot to drink tea out of thermoses and pretend to share everything. River (secret spot) parties, showing up at 2 a.m. at your house parties, jerry's for grilled cheese, tobogganing parties, late-night swinging in the park, going to see theatre/comedy/music in the afternoon, dinner parties.

Now everything involves drinking. Every single one of those parties is now made better by drinking. Or that's the way it seems.
I'm not against drinking, I'm not going to stop drinking. But Niki pointed out that it does make everything sort of the same. The same effect of funness the same route to a good time.
Maybe the reason why we can't have fun without drinking is because the things we are doing are boring and not fun?

I've been really happy in Toronto for so long. I still am. I'm not sure when we became so alcohol-reliant though?
And I can be the worst for that sometimes. Obviously.


I obviously love drinking. Proof -- here's something pretty annoying and also kind of funny! :

Sober in a Sauna from Sass Zucket on Vimeo.




The best part is that when Sass told me she posted our video I was all "what video?" because this is where the blackout drunk really was coming on. Notice I still have a drink in my hand. Classic.


IMG_4198
blog comments powered by Disqus