11.03.2009

Don't hate Saskatchewan never meant no harm to anyone

Had brunch with Dollface on her birthday last week. We went to Aunties and Uncles. Everyone was surprised about that. Aunties seems to be the place of choice for birthday brunches -- I also went there with Sass for hers on Monday.

IMG_3970

IMG_3971

We looked very pretty.

Here DF is not-so-subtly talking about babes around the restaurant:
IMG_3986
Mmmmhmmm.


While we were there I saw a dude with a moustache and he said hello to me. People with moustaches know how I want to talk to them. No, just kidding!!!! I'm joking you!
It turned out to be the brother of a dude I know from Deep Dark Woods. I'd met him before, I'm just not so good with all the remembering sometimes. Anyway, he reminded me that DDW are playing this week! Wednesday at the Horseshoe!

Here is them at Dakota (everyone's favourite, mmhmm)

The Deep Dark Woods @ The Dakota Tavern

The Deep Dark Woods | MySpace Video


It's the one date around here that they aren't playing with Elliott Brood. I wish they were! That'd be such a good bill. Elliott Brood are also awesome.


I like this song and this video aaaaand there's a tiny cameo in the bar scene by Raaaaymi win all around! Oh, and the bar is the Dakota!

Hey, I just looked at Elliott Brood's website and they're playing some U.S. dates. You should go if they're coming to you! So fun. Something about Mark Sasso's voice is really, really awesome. It sounds so scratchy and nice... almost like it hurts when he sings, but he has assured me that it doesn't. Which is good.


IMG_3853
Extra bonus! Pictures from brunch more than a week ago with Sass the time that it wasn't her birthday, not the time that it was. Happy Birthday! For your birthday I get you pictures of me in a tea pot with you behind it.

IMG_3854

Just what you always wanted!
IMG_3856
blog comments powered by Disqus