2.05.2010

shooooooka shoooka shhhooookkka


shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

anyway.
Dear, Diary, hi, how are you? I am fine. I am a bit annoyed with February already, but, hey, when have I ever been a fan of February?
Actually, I like Valentines Day a bit (I like most holidays because they involve sugar) and that's coming up. I wish Killary were here because she's my all-time-valentine even though now she is all maaaaarried and full of baaaaabies and stuff. 

(the flowers from last vd)

I like red and pink and treats and cards and loving one another so I'm alright with VD. 
What shall we do for it? 
Something romantical, I hope. 


I had to cancel my first audition of the year because I have dietary restrictions. Nice, hey? It's a bit hard to be optimistic about booking things when I don't even have any auditions. Soon, though. Right, agent? 

Also, I'm not getting the shifts at work that I used to. Job interview on Monday and I'm applying to a couple more. As much as I'm having a hard time getting behind the idea of more jobs, I do like meeting new friends at jobs... and babes (does that go without saying?). Oh, and money.

Ruth is now on the site, ready to be adopted. Do you want to adopt her? Probably! 


And last night I made RICE PUDDING!! (comfort food season around here)
Guess how much is left?
Zero is left. 

I used this recipe, with alterations:
(similar consistency a bit to kozy shack and that sort of thing, but even better served warm. mmmhmmm)
I did: 

1 1/2 cups cooked rice 
2 cups milk, divided
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/4 cup raisins
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon 
In a medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm. 
I used brown sugar as I was out of white sugar and it seemed  fine, I also added cinnamon, which wasn't in the original recipe... and I used way less raisins then recommended because I like the raisins be little treats as opposed to the main flavour of the pudding. 
I used long grain white rice, as that's what was in the house, but I do think it'd be even creamier with short-grain. Also, I used skim milk (made from powder as I don't ever really buy milk) but it could be awesome with coconut milk or soymilk or whole milk for sure, I think. 
It's a super good pudding because it's creamy and thick, but not hard or chewy. Perfect and super easy!

You're welcome.

I don't know if I even feel like going out tonight. Though I feel like I should feel like it.
blog comments powered by Disqus