2.20.2010

actra awards 2010 round-up (part one)

actra awards 2010

Paaaaaaaaarty times!

actra awards 2010

actra awards 2010

ACTRA awards last night. They let anyone go to these things! Just kidding, as an apprentice member I definitely deserve to get to go. On a related note, I deserve to book more things and get all my credits and be a full member. Soon.

actra awards 2010
Met up with my castmates from Manson! Such cutes, such darlings. I think it's wonderful that we all still like each other. I think most Canadian actors are pretty nice because there's such limited work that if you want to work you have to be the nicest ever so that people want to work with you again.

actra awards 2010

I wasn't even drunk at this point, nor did I get sloppy in any way. I know, right?

actra awards 2010
More friends! This is when we were watching the ceremony. To me, the ceremony always feel like a bit of something that we have to get through in order to get back to drinking and partying. I didn't dance at all, I'm not sure how that happened but that's dumb. I guess I was too busy wandering around finding all my friends and everything. Way more people came that  I know this year. Or maybe I just know more people?

actra awards 2010
Geri Hall hosted the awards!
She was even funnier than I expected. Like, I know that she's funny on 22 minutes and everything, but she had a couple of really spot-on great jokes.

meredith cheesbrough and geri hall
She's very tall! And has a nice rack! Which I complimented. I felt like she would think that was funny. Then we had a little mini sit-down chit-chat about having "unique" voices. She was so great and friendly and lovely. Canadian actors, ya know?

IMG_5369
Ran into this friend from work. He was being super cute with his gf. Awww. I might have told him it was free drinks so he was a bit disappointed when we found out we only got one drink ticket each!!

"It's a little hard not to drink responsibly when you only give us one drink ticket" - Geri Hall

actra awards 2010
Hey, look, it's my old school chum! There's only a few of us left plugging away from my graduating class... and it wasn't even that long ago. That's the way, though, I guess.

actra awards 2010
The lovely lady on the right is also from our class.
I ran into one of our teachers and said hi and she was so happy to see me and so glad that we're still at it. Awww.

Some days it is hard to think about continuing on as an "aspiring" actor.

peter keleghan and me!
Anyway, look, it's Peter Keleghan! Man, did he look sexy with that beard. Also, with his glasses but he took them off for the photo. Here I think he is trying to drink my martini...

julie pinto
This little co-worker of mine came along this year again, so cute. She just shot a bit of series for Superchannel guess who is jealous?
Me.

actra awards 2010
Just practicing and practicing for being famous.

actra awards 2010
posing is harder work than you'd think! I'm still terrible at it. You have no idea how many bad pictures I deleted...

julie pinto and meredith cheesbrough

actra awards 2010
Classic x 1000000

meredith cheesbrough actra awards 2010
Oh yeah, so I made that dress yesterday. I totally 100% ripped off the pattern from a dress I already had... I just wanted a fancier one. It's a bit too slinky and definitely too tight and also didn't stay up properly (awesome) but overall I was alright with it.
Nice broach, too, you can't really see it there, I guess, but it is lovely. I've worn a sweet broach every year, actually. Traditions, traditions.

Okay that's enough for now. This is just part one, I guess.

Here's a photo from last year:
actra awards 2009

And from the first year:



















I'm not sure this year was the best year, but it was still pretty funny. totally worthwhile and makes us feel a bit like we're really part of the industry and are all buds. Awww, etc.
blog comments powered by Disqus