2.02.2010

all I wanted was to be your housewife

img_9720

I had a dream the other night that I found a new apartment right on Queen West and I could walk out my front door and be right on Queen. This new apartment was more like a motel room, all white walls and a big white bed and white dresser and it didn't have much stuff in it. And it had a closet (I cannot even express how often I dream of having a closet after living without one for 6 years).

IMG_9716

And so I happily moved right into this new apartment, forgetting that I would have to give notice on my old place or find someone to move in... then I had the brilliant idea that I would sublet my current bachelor apartment on a weekly or monthly basis in a furnished fashion, sort of like a B&B, for much more than I currently pay for it. And I would hire my friend to clean it for me and my new apartment only cost $400 so I would be making so much money!!! 

IMG_9722

Dream-me is so clever. Except I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to do that, given that I don't own this place and it isn't in my rental agreement.

IMG_9723

I constantly have dreams of moving and sometimes the dreams are great and sometimes they are panicky. I love this apartment -- obviously, I've lived here for 6 years -- but it's definitely not forever and it's definitely annoying in some ways (CLOSET. CAN'T I PLEASE HAVE A CLOSET?)

IMG_9728

Plus it's small and sloped and there is way too much stuff in here (oh god so much stuff) and I can't start collecting all the things I'm going to need to make my actual home a proper home while living here. Not that I have anywhere else I want to live...

IMG_9731

This also still feels a bit like a kid's place. The mini-fridge is especially getting to me (well, now that I broke all the shelves in it) -- I made a batch of vegetable stock to freeze and cut up some vegetables that needed to be used up to freeze all ready to make stuff with and now my tiny freezer is completely full.

IMG_9732

Last night I made fudge, then crocheted for awhile (while watching the first season of Lost, what the hell am I getting myself into?), then I cleaned up a bit and I broke my favourite corningware dish and was super upset about it.

IMG_9736

Today I'm listening to Cocorosie and eating stew and half-heartedly applying to jobs and mulling things over.
blog comments powered by Disqus