12.09.2009

not to start a trend about complaining about salads

but
I went to Milestone's (the new one on the 4th floor overlooking Dundas Square - pretty views) last night with Dollface and her uncle (yes, I am trying to wiener my way into that family, leave me alone) and I was discussing the menu with the server and I made the mistake of mentioning that I was gluten intolerant. Notice how I said gluten intolerant not celiac not allergic to gluten. I said I tried to avoid it.
So he talked me out of getting the veggie burger without the bun because the burger had bread in it. Okay fair enough so I ordered this salad that was spinach strawberry goats cheese and supposed to have walnuts on it. But he said I couldn't have the nuts because they had a gluten coating (?) and I said that's okay. He said "are you sure? everyone else I know who is gluten intolerant doesn't want it." I said, "no no it's fine".
ANYWAY.
He totally orders me the salad without the nuts. And I couldn't say anything about it because a) I didn't want to be rude and b) he was "trying to help" and c) I did specify that I couldn't eat gluten.
I did so want those nuts. I am not going to die if I eat those nuts. I am not going to die even if I eat the whole veggie burger plus bun.
I was annoyed because I didn't get to make my own decisions and he was sort of snotty about it like I didn't know what I wanted.
Did so! Did so know what I wanted!

Luckily it was a pretty good salad and it was cheap bellini night! BELLINIS!

Afterwards we went to a skateboard party at 751 with JL and co and creeped on the 19 sk8ers. Whoa spellcheck didn't underline sk8ers. WEIRD. but it did underline spellcheck.


Now I have to go to work because my life is too hard.

I woke up dreaming of a winter wonderland but instead it's only slushy and rainy and gross out there.

Where is my Christmas fantasy dreamland??
blog comments powered by Disqus