12.01.2009

#701

That's not too bad. 701 posts on this blog.

I've had an online diary since around this time in 2001. Wait, let me check. Since December 7th 2001.
Basically since when we first got the internet (on an old mac mum got from work).
Oh the internet!

I miss the openness and carefree lifestyle of my diaryland days. I wrote everything! I constantly wrote people's full names all the time! No one really read it and I wasn't worried about getting into trouble for what I decided to put out for anyone to find. Ha, I was trying to get people to read it! Trying to get babes to find it and care enough to read it and care what I thought of them.

Not that I didn't get into trouble for saying too much or admitting to things, but it was only by friends... no random strangers trying to take me down a level or two.

Here is my wishlist from Christmas 2001 according to Diaryland:

A NEW CAR!
air popcorn maker
CONVERSE!(size 4 boys for shoes)
fife and penny whistle
gel ink pens! (lots and lots and lots)
beads (wood and big plastic)
hemp thread
thin elastic for jewlery
stickers
crayons
blue bic crystal pens
neat craft stuff
toys!
activity toys
a big kettle
a nice round toaster
the breakfast club
dirty dancing
c.d.s:
weakerthans *fallow *left and leaving
r.e.m. *up *green
guided by voices *the one that has motor away
elliott smith *xo *self titled (kill rock stars) *roman candle
belle and sebastian *tigermilk
tori amos *songs from the choirgirl hotel
bjork * debut *homogenic *selma songs
madder rose *panic on
books:
anything by francesca lia block

Pretty good, hey?
I think I have all those CDs now and I own pretty much everything by Francesca Lia Block.. What the fuck is an "activity toy"? Haha, big plastic beads (raver) and hemp thread (hippie).
I still need a big kettle but definitely not a toaster since I barely ever get to eat toast. A lot of that is still things I like.


These days blogging makes me a bit nervous. I'm nervous of negative comments and of blog trolls. I'm constantly censoring myself or second-guessing ideas as being too much or too little or annoying or something else offensive.

I'm uncertain about putting this site out there as marketing, for myself or anyone else. I have no problem getting behind products that I like or making links, and I definitely like free things... but I worry about the kind of audience that brings. I'm not certain I could deal with negative feedback directly to me (via email or comments, or what have you) every day.
I'm not sure I have the disposition or the sanity.

I like blogging, though!
I just wish I were able to be more myself about it it somehow.


Whoa, apparently I've been referring to myself as Meredith Rachel Mistletoe since at least 2001.
I remember how disappointed I was when I found out that Mistletoe wasn't a real last name. My favourite Christmas book, Christmas On Exeter Street, lead me to believe it was.


In other news, I bought 4 kinds of cheese today. $50 worth of groceries. I want to eat everything.
I think I'm going to make macaroni and cheese casserole this week. Do you want to come over?

you know what would be good with mac and cheese? Bloody marys. Just sayin'.


Oh, also, I'm going to go to multiple Christmas parties this week (four, at least!!!!!) how excited am I?
Tooooo excited.
blog comments powered by Disqus