12.28.2009

lot of tags

wowwww. I am not doing a good job on keeping you updated.

still in Saskatoon. Still on holidays. Still mostly in bad moods (I'm sure that's going to let up soon though).

I made pumpkin cheesecakes for my birthday and so I'm having some of the leftovers of that for breakfast this morning. It is one of the best cheesecakes I've ever had - not too dense or thick or too-much, it's a bit lighter. I would put more spices in next time.

I've been cooking a bit, actually. I should've taken pictures to prove my kitchen prowess. I made burritos for my birthday dinner (which even the kids liked), and I made all of Christmas dinner because at the last minute my aunt really didn't feel like going home after a big morning of brunch and gifts to go home and slave over a turkey.
Fair enough.

I made pasta baked with cheese and also a big salad and also yellow beans and spinach and mushrooms in pesto. Preeeetty good.

Part of my bad moods I think has to do with not having enough time by myself -- too much family togetherness (gross) and then also I feel kind of trapped/subject to everyone's plans because of not having access to a car.
I WANT TO GO FOR A DRIVE!!!
by myself.

I'm used to being able to go places like the mall or value village or even out on the town without it being a big pain.

Saskatoon is for driving. It's actually kind of bad how much people depend on cars here. Definitely drive two blocks sometimes.


I spent the first few days hibernating. I still feel that inclination. There's fewer people around that I need to see. And at first it's hard to get back to good with certain people. Obviously.

It's been six years since I moved away. All of my twenties have been in Toronto. It seems like it's only been a couple of years, really. But, nope, it's been quite, quite awhile.

I miss some Toronto people, too. I wish they were all here, that'd be the best.
At Amigos the other night I mostly talked with people who don't live in Saskatoon anymore. And also to a couple people from Toronto who were there with their Saskatoon babes. Kind of funny.



I want a home. That's what I think about these days when I'm hanging around my friends with husbands and babies and my family with their beautiful homes.
I want my own place to decorate and design. I want a place to put all the beautiful china and glassware I got for Christmas. I want to build up a home that's really me and for me.
I love my apartment and I've loved my apartment for almost six years now.. but at some point I would really like to own a closet. Is that a lot to ask?


My life is great. I am very lucky.
I feel pretty certain that this next year is going to be pretty awesome. I like the promise and possibility that it's holding.
I know that even though I want a home and a cottage and tiny babies right now, it's not anywhere near the proper time for them, and that it will all be even better after I've gotten some creative stuff done and on the go. After I've worked more as an actor and written in the way that I know that I'm capable of (and yet never do).

This is a lot of text, blogs aren't really about text anymore. How things have changed since diaryland.
blog comments powered by Disqus