10.25.2008

it is so soon, you barely have any time left!

In celebration of it being 2 months until Christmas, today, I bring you:

WISHLIST 2K8

- feathers and notions
- Christmas craft paraphernalia
- exceptionally tasteful blue + white mugs
- gorgeous ornaments
- tasteful trays
- diamonds of all shapes, sizes, and colours
- a tasteful yet gaudily large (real) silver ring with a giant gemstone
- costume jewelry
- antique rhinestone broaches
- alcohol
- stationary and especially pens especially for stocking stuffers mum
- fabric, laces, and trims
- candy and other things made of sugar
- really nice, luxurious socks (srsly can't I have some socks?)
- an off-camera flash
- pretty spice racks
- quality kitchen accessories
- an iron
- a big ol' trunk
- cast iron frying pan
- pretty pie plates/baking dishes (red and green are still my choice colours)
- red kettle (to keep out on my stove at all times)
- a thick red robe
- your favourite novel (no, really... I mean, chances are I haven't read it and should)
- children's Christmas books (I don't mind used, want to have a solid collection)
- Christmas slippers
- Scarves, hats, pashminas, mittens, gloves (I am not kidding I need all of those I will be forever grateful)


Last night Rudyard and I stayed in to work on Christmas crafts, namely my Christmas book which is the bible of everything that needs doing before now and The Big Day.
The Christmas book gets decorated and contains things like
-people I will buy gifts for and then ideas of what I might get
-what I've already bought for people
-crafts I want to make
-baking I want to do, with recipes
-my wishlist
-important dates to remember
-deadlines and goals


I never get as much done as I'd like to and I never have time for everything and I don't do enough prep and I don't make enough crafts or bake enough treats. So I'm going to try even harder this year.
If you have any interest at all in crafting/baking with me, you should let me know. I'm totally down for craft-dates and I have pretty much every craft supply you could ever dream of.





[As much as I'm very excited about Christmas and as much as my life is pretty beyond excellent right now, I think I'm still depressed. I keep excusing myself by telling myself I'm just in a bad mood. But I think I admit that I'm in a bad mood at least once a day... that seems like a bit much. But I'm working on it. I think how much time I'm spending hysterically laughing these days is helping, at least.]
blog comments powered by Disqus