10.06.2008

art party party party pARTy

Having company while I work on my computer is not a bad thing
keeping me company
cuddle-down

My friend thinks she's getting her cat back at some point but she might be wroooong.

I think this is a good idea though, to just have temp-cats. Seems like there'll always be people who need me to look after their kittehs for a bit.

So. Nuit Blanche.
nuit blanche
For the third year in a row I managed to see very little art. Actually, I think I've seen less and less art every year.
I feel like the first year was the best, anyone? It was the most interactive and hands on fun-times. I spent most of it in Trinity-Bellwoods (actually I've spent every year in that park) and it had tents filled with art and things you could touch and there was the swimming and lights show at the pool... it just seemed more magical and rad.
This year I just wandered a bit and then ended up settling in the park on a bench by the tennis courts with some people I really like. And partying there. It was nice to watch people go by and some of my friends came for a minute to say hello. And there wasn't any pressure to see anything or appreciate anything or get to certain places or wrangle people.
the fence looks good with a flash
Maybe I'm missing the point of the night and art show, but I just like the energy in the air and just trying to have fun.
And drink a lot of wine.
Because art goes with wine like me with kittehs.
art!
My friend from Saskatoon ended up being in town for Saturday night and she came and partied with me! I was surprised mostly people wiener out of things it seems, but she fully came and partied down. I try to pour as much wine down her throat as possible.
ART APRECIATION HATS
When I was meeting my friend I told her "You'll know me by my 'art appreciation hat' aka beret" but then it turned out she was wearing one too. You know why?
Because we're artists.
sighhhhh art
yay art
yay art!

This guy made his own art, he kept showing his chest and yelling SPRING BREAK which was pretty awesome, then he got my friend to write it on his chest, to further his point.
SPRING BREAK
For my art project I climbed to the top of the fence and took a picture. I was very careful so I didn't fall.
view from the top of the fence
That's my friend writing Spring Break and that guy squealing with laughter about it.



yayaaaay
tennis party
creeper
here I am being creeped up on.
that's what i call coming across
he knocked me off the tennis fence. probably on purpose
dancing: yr doin it rong
hahah that's not how you dance.



i like it when the bikes look like they're going to fly away

I didn't end up staying out til dawn but that was probably for the best.... And I probably could've done to see more art. But still still funtimez for me.
blog comments powered by Disqus