2.22.2009

Okay, ACTRA awards round-up:::

Last year I went as this lady's date:
actra awards 2009
She kind of stole the show with her dress. Massive cleavage paired with the frills and the bit of train? Appeals to men aaand women!
And this year I am an ACTRA member in my own right. Kind of fun.

actra awards 2009
That light you see is our driving force as actors, the passion coming from within. Or possibly our love, hard to say.
Also, it looks like my wine glass is wearing the broach. I assure you that was not the case.

Full outfit:
actra awards 2009
My co-worker from ACC and I, pose-city... I feel like I looked cuter in real life than these pictures suggest.. but then, I always feel that way.

actra awards 2009

My outfit?
mini-dress courtesy of Bebe via Value Village, leggings from Sirens, H&M shrug I found at a restaurant I worked at one time, Payless boots, antique broach Christmas gift from my aunt.
actra awards 2009

actra awards 2009

Didn't get there as early as I had wanted (thanks, Tilda) and I didn't chat up any celebrities really, because I was not in the mood. Fun mood, not a picture-taking-with-strangers mood.
The event was held at the Carlu and it's pretty nice, a good size and it was pretty packed, busier than last year, I'd say. Nice theatre for the ceremony and not enough finger foods. The range of outfits was amazing. One woman was there in a full track suit and then there were ballgowns like my friend's above.


actra awards 2009
Obviously spent some time taking photos of myself in the bathroom mirror. Obviously.




How awkward can I make my face?

Pretty awkward.
actra awards 2009
I inspired a lot of people to take their own pictures on this backdrop - whatever, the professional photographers/nominees were done with it, so it was totally our turn. See how it says "My union!" in the background? Yeah-huh.
actra awards 2009
Man, she's way better at posing then I am! I need to practice more I think.
sarah kolasky attends the actra awards

Requisite faces together for cute photo!!!
actra awards 2009

Yes, good times. Probably I'll win an ACTRA award soon and that'll be even more fun. I bet.

Thinking about watching the Oscars tonight. First rehearsal and then we'll see. I meant to watch all of the movies beforehand, guess that didn't happen... I do like looking at the outfits though, that's for sure.
And I like scheming what I'll be like when I go to giant awards ceremonies.
This is why I have to learn to walk in heels.
blog comments powered by Disqus