5.26.2009

Wow. Wowwww.

Wow. I am amazed by my own amazing level of amazing stupidity.
Holy hellfire I am dumb.

I definitely deleted my entire pictures folder off my hard drive.
I have no good explanation for you on how I could possibly have managed this.
I also have no good explanation for you on how I still do not have a back-up of my files. Except money, I'll blame that one for this. Although Shambers pointed out that I could use my ipod as an extra drive. Fuck.
I do have most of my photos uploaded to flickr in large sizes, but not a bunch of important ones, like how I still haven't gotten around to all of Saskatoon this time around or the ones of Christmastime. And I love Christmastime!

I was in shock at first and just about cried but I called Shambers and he laughed at me and then told me about data recovery software. And then helped me out over gchat about it. He used the term "LOLZ" a lot.
He is a lawyer so I assume that is legalese for "I would never mock your stupidity".

So I still don't know if I'm going to be able to recover everything or not. It's looking like yes, but I don't want to jinx it. Also recovered without any order and without original file names and recovering basically everything else that ever existed on this computer. If I hadn't have been in such a panic about it I probably could have figured out a more ordered way of going about this.

Surprisingly I'm still in a good mood about things and life. I didn't even swear or hit anything/one.
Congratulations to me! Stupid and passive!
blog comments powered by Disqus