5.16.2009

bikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikes

nnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww bike!

Oh lordy, I can't even tell you about how shot the brakes on my bike have been. So shot! Deer broke the front ones right off one night when he was trying to impress me by checking out my bike for things that might need tuning up or fixing. It was pretty funny. Also funny that he still feels bad. And the back brakes just have been getting looser and looser. To the point where I've almost died a couple of times. Very unsafe. Yet I couldn't give up riding it because it's just so, so much faster than any other city mode of transportation. Seriously. If I have an audition, say, at Queen and Logan, I have to budget an hour if I want to take the streetcar, but on a bike it's about half that!

But even besides the brakes, the bike was wrecked. Tires needed replacing, the handlebar rubber was disintegrating and sticky, etc. etc.

So there's this house down the road (on Manning South of College) that always has bikes for sale out in front, it's an old man who fixes up the bikes. He and his wife are pretty funny and hard of hearing. I bought this last bike there and today I went and bought a new one! A brown vintage cruiser with golden fenders. Don't worry I'll take a picture for you soon.
I'm pretty pleased with it. $40 so you can't really go wrong.. that's like two weeks TTC fares only.
I gave the old man my old bike. I didn't want it and didn't want to have to walk it home. He offered me a kickstand in exchange, but I figured I didn't really need one. He's pretty nice though. If you need a bike you could go by there for sure.

I really want to get a basket for it.

Soccer pitch was very very cold and wet today. Now, of course, it's all sunny and blue skies out.
I really am tired of working all these days in a row. I find it strange people actually work this much most of the time!


Ooookay BBQ at the Mrs.!
blog comments powered by Disqus