5.18.2009

it looks warmer out than it actually is

Officially done my 8 day work-week! I made it through. I'm sleeping in tomorrow for certain like I can't even explain.
Now I have way too many days off and I will be complaining about that too, I'm sure. But hopefully it'll be good and I'll get stuff done. Planning on it.

Went out with Cheespie last night for a bit we were going to go to Dakota and then the line was too long so we went and met up with some babes and then she was going to a dance party but I went back to Dakota because I just felt like it, plus other friends were there. I'm glad I did though, I was feeling sort of raw and strange but felt much better in that dark basement with a double vodka.. Hmm.

Add in some dancing with babes and some sweet slide guitar all was good.

And then Dollface and co. all turned up unexpectedly and I was very, very pleased. Even one of my oldest friends, Prune, was in tow. Prune and I went to elementary school together and when I moved to Toronto I slept in her bed for a month. Pretty nice. She goes to National Theatre School now but is back for the summer to work and partytime.
She came over last week as well and we got to have a nice visit over a nice bottle of wine and she slept over and we talked about girly things and that was pretty nice.

Anyway, yeah, glad I partied last night but was very displeased at having to get up for work this morning. That much is certain.


Anyway,

IMG_0817

I went to dinner party in Saskatoon at Reberk's house and it was Japanese themed. And he gave us slippers to wear. Very fancy. (also, I'm pretty into white tights, anyone else?)

IMG_0818 1
There was saki and Japanese beers and other alcohols and people were drinking shots and then a shot of green tea. Good strategy, actually.

IMG_0820 1

When I got there Reberk was yelling about doing more shots. Unfortunately this lead to him spending a large portion of the evening in the washroom. Sad.

IMG_0819 1

We kept on partying without him though. Like good guests... I didn't have any shots really because I know from personal experience that whenever I think it's a good idea to do a shot is when I will barf. Gross.

IMG_0825

IMG_0822

I made my own sushi! And it was delicious! I wish I had sushi right now!

IMG_0830

IMG_0826 1

IMG_0831 1

IMG_0832

Good sort of dinner party. Should have more dinner parties. Been discussing that with bffs lately. Dinner parties are such good times for good conversating and enjoying one another.

IMG_0833
blog comments powered by Disqus