3.18.2008

sabotaged!

Yesterday I had an audition for a series (which means dialogue that actually needs to be learned, not like commercials where I just show up and yell a lot). I completely self-sabotaged by going out the night before on purpose despite not having even fully read my scripts. And then not getting home until 11 a.m. because I am the worstest.
But when I did get home and started reading some of the episode scripts, I realized that it was really funny. So I panicked and tried to actually do a good job of the audition.
I recorded all the scripts with Garageband in different voices and then exported it to iTunes and put it on my iPod. This is one of the best ideas I've had. I listened to it on repeat on the way there - pausing to see if I did, indeed, know what I was supposed to say next.
I haven't been nervous in auditions lately, so I was a little thrown-off by how shaky I was in that room. My arms went numb. Nerves are pointless and annoying.

I'm not sure my last minute prep made up for the hung-overness or lack of choices or not looking young enough.

Well, whatever, I'm pretty much the Canadian Carmen Electra. Well, in Ice Breakers Gum terms at least.
blog comments powered by Disqus