3.06.2008

it's almost like real life

I don't have very many e-friends anymore. I used to have more, during my first months with internet at home.
Once an e-friend of mine, (who I met in real life a couple of times, as she was from Saskatoon) had an e-boyfriend in highschool who killed himself.
The idea of trying to deal with that is sort of ridiculous. Internet and phone communication are no substitute for real life interactions but at the same time.. it is real. Just in a different way.

Anyhow, I've been readying my friend Dawn's diary/blogs since 2001 and I feel like she's actually a real-time friend, even though we've never actually seen each other. In her diaryland today, she wrote:

"Anyway, here's another TV thing that blew my mind - seeing one of my Dland buddies in a TV show no fooling for real! You know how most of us are lifers here, how we've been here forever and most of us joined up at the beginning? Well, one of my first diary buddies, who I feel has grown up right before my eyes, is a budding and working actress up Canada way and last night I saw her on my own TV before my eyes! It was surreal. And totally awesome."

Very neat-o.

Now if only they'd air my episode here, already!

You'll have to settle for watching the first three minutes on repeat, I guess.
blog comments powered by Disqus