8.02.2010

IMG_7485
IMG_7478

My friend, who knows me pretty well in some ways (as over the years we go through phases of thinking we're in love [usually not both at the same time]), informed me the other day that I am clearly not looking for a relationship and that all of my involvements have been pretending.
He said it with such certainty.

This hit a bit too close to home, and although a bit harsh was probably pretty true.
I'm definitely not looking for A relationship, and I've said that before. But I am open to the idea of one, if it were the right one. Aren't I?

I'm trustworthy and I have a perfectly functioning heart.

Then the bar played 97 Men by Buffy Sainte-Marie and I smiled and smiled.

IMG_7494
IMG_7473

These photos are from my date with Violet last week or maybe the week before.
IMG_7481

I remember when I first moved here both Prune and I thought that the Green Room was kind of magical and delightful, kind of funny now to think of it that way..
I still rather like it. I like the decor and how it's in an alley and especially the back yard I think is quite appealing. Especially for lunch plus drinks.
IMG_7468
I'm not sure if this photo illustrates just how fake-looking that lime was, or if it just makes me want a bloody mary.
IMG_7466
this was their long island ice tea? I don't understand. it was kind of gross but also fineee.
IMG_7475
IMG_7474
Violet is my best friend partly because she is my most rational friend. I think I've said that before. This is what she says a lot, "that guy sounds like he sucks".

IMG_7488
I wish that the zoom on my camera wasn't broken so I could have taken a better photo of that famous white squirrel wrestling a paper bag. Pretty classic Bellwoods, gotta say.

IMG_7496
Lately I've been taking lots of great shots accidentally.

Oh, right, Violet told me that while she was out for lunch with our old boss from the ice cream parlour that he said that he was certain I would marry a rich man.
haaaa, I'd rather not!
I asked him about that when I ran into him in the street later and he said "Oh, Undoubtedly!" and "you'll deserve it!" which actually sounded a bit like a threat when you think about it.
I'm terrified of people with money as I think I would have a hard time relating to them and justifying my purpose, lifestyle, apartment, wardrobe, eating habits, etc. Also people with money tend to think they deserve things and are owed things and are entitled to things.
And that gives me the heebyjeebies.
But my old boss reassured me that it would be a rich man who wished he weren't so rich!
Classic.

IMG_7482
For sharing.
IMG_7487
That dress (which everyone is sick of, pretty much) shrunk so much in the wash, now it is perfect, not like these pictures. A bit short, but who cares because I just wear a bikini or short-type underpants in bright colours. Modest!  TMI or just enough I?
IMG_7491
summersummersummersummersummer
IMG_7483


I'm just wrapping up a party-all-the-time streak that seems to have lasted far too long, plus I worked all weekend. I am tired right through to my core. I sincerely hope that I manage to not party tonight and possibly not tomorrow night as well.
IMG_7500


Then on Wednesday Violet is taking me out of town!
Quite possibly to her family's "farm", which is like a house/cottage in the country. It is very very lovely up there and I am always pleased to go out of town. You know that about me already. 
blog comments powered by Disqus