8.06.2010

let's summer at the country house!

IMG_7668

IMG_7697
IMG_7694
IMG_7665
IMG_7679
IMG_7673
IMG_7674

I've decided that instead of calling Violet's farm a farm, we should call it The Country House.
a) it's not a farm (there's no animals at all unless you count wild birds, turtles, and lightning bugs)
b) it's not a cottage as it's not on a lake
c) it's not a cabin, it's got a lawn and it's fully a house with all house amenities, including a dishwasher
IMG_7687

Enough reasons for me!

IMG_7670
IMG_7680

If we were in Saskatchewan we would call it an acreage, but that's not right either, as that implies that people live in it all the time.
IMG_7666

Aaaaaaanyway, I love it there!
I love it so much!
Pretty much equal to Dollface cottage, though I've spent way more time at DF cottage and we all know how serious I am about familiarity equalling enjoyment.
IMG_7689
IMG_7707
IMG_7709


There's a man-made pond with a little dock and a boat and I just floated all my time away in the pond, so lovely I wanted to just stay there forever. I did stay in until I was quite wrinkly and tired out. It's not super deep and it's nice to be able to touch the bottom from time to time.
Kind of murky but I'm sure fine with regular dirt and mud and plants and bugs. I mean, shit, I swim in Lake Ontario. I'll swim in anything! And enjoy it!

IMG_7692

Violet read her book on the dock and we drank drinks and told stories about our lives.
IMG_7686

We also spent a stupid amount of time just lounging on the veranda. So lovely. So, so lovely. Violet is very calm and was feeling a bit quiet and tired I think and I like that just fine sometimes, in fact I get that way myself a lot.

I did all the cooking pretty much and was totally contented slicing away in the kitchen by myself while Violet read on the porch. Seemed kind of idyllic, I like cooking by myself for other people. If that makes any sense!
IMG_7712
Ha, that's Violet's novel, not mine. What a showboat I am!

IMG_7711

I finished reading that book of short stories by Miranda July. Pretty effin great.

IMG_7695
Oh can't I please just have a country house as well? With dishes?? I managed to not steal anything.

IMG_7696

IMG_7693

IMG_7703

IMG_7669

IMG_7682
Whoaly bunkie! I don't know if you can call a structure this massive a "bunkie". Even if it were originally intended to be a bit less grand...
Yes, that's where we sat up on at night and Violet saw shooting stars and I saw lightning bugs and we talked about sad things and happy things and drank our drinks and I remember to breath deeply.
I forgot to go swing on the tire swing but win some lose some! 

IMG_7718
I tried to make Violet let me stay there forever and just go back without but no dice!
IMG_7720

IMG_7724
We did see some peacocks on the way back, though. Who knows why! Apparently her neighbour also owns a helicopter, so, what the fuck?
IMG_7730
We also stopped for ice cream, so... you know!
IMG_7735

Quick drive there and back and pretty lovely and the roadsides are peppered with GIANT MANSIONS. We kept saying, why don't we go out here more?? Makes no sense!

IMG_7719

What a terrible picture to end on!

I'm about to become super busy -- I think it's something like 11 shifts in 9 days (supposedly) and then cottage for 4 days again? (!!!!) And then working through (one day off?) until I go back to Saskatoon on the 26th......
SUMMERSUMMERSUMMERSUMMERDON'TLEAVEMESUMMER
blog comments powered by Disqus