11.05.2008

only part fluff

Went to Sass's birthday dinner on Sunday.
Luckily I managed to not get any good pictures of her. Classic.

We went to an Asian restaurant on account of she is Asian and therefore can only eat rice. And duck. And duck-rice.
house of gourmet food
corn and tofu and something soup
Took Deer along - needed some veg support. Haha, kind of true though.
furrow brow
He has shaved his face to get ready for MOVEMBER. I'm expecting a sweet 'stash. I better not be disappointed.
girls dine

I dressed like Christmas. So what else is new.


almost all gone
I don't know why but House of Gourmet seems to specialize in serving mushrooms that are shaped exactly like noses. I guess you've got to be good at something.
nose mushroom
I am good at putting inappropriate things onto my face.
mushroom nose

I am also good at making bad jokes, especially lately.
Hanging out with my one friend this weekend, we agreed that we found each other terribly funny but that maybe most people wouldn't. I suggested we make sketches together and she said "but if we're both in the sketch - who is going to be laughing?"

I watched both Obama and McCain's speeches last night. I was pretty impressed with McCain, he seemed kind and decent. I liked that he agreed everyone needs to work together. Same with Obama. I felt like when Obama said that he will be the president of his opponents too, he was saying he wanted to work for them as well - support their interests and try to understand and work with them.
You know why I like Barak? Michelle Obama, that's why. For some reason I've caught way more interviews with her than I have with Barak and she always seems like someone I would want to friends with. And that family just seems so nice. But also strong.

I am less excited than I was yesterday. Especially since hearing that certain propositions limiting or eliminating gay marriage rights may have passed.
yuck.
Honestly, who's business it is who marries who!?
Do I think that Katie Holmes should've married Tom Cruise? Good God, no. But it's not my decision to make.
No one's marriage but mine own (or possibly my best friends') should be affected by my opinions.

I think the Canadian election would've gone differently if it'd been held after the U.S. one. Probably Harper knew that.
Hmmmmmmmm.

As Nunc Scio asks today,
Where is OUR Obama?
blog comments powered by Disqus