12.13.2010

it's the holiday season and whoopdido



I'm a bit hungover.
Which makes sense. Except usually I don't get particularly hungover. But I had more drinks than necessary last night of course. Stupid birthday parties!



Also I'm feeling a bit down but I think that's just from the boozing and because it's the day after a weekend of so much fun that I'd been looking forward to for so long. Ya know?
I know.



There's so much delicious food in my house this morning, though!



the potluck dinner last night was what I'd call a hearty success.
It was a true potluck in the sense that I really had little idea of what everyone was bringing.
It ended up being super good and i'm glad I didn't end up making the quinoa salad that I'd planned since there ended up being two, anyway!
Plus lots of beans and potatoes and borscht and things!

Dayna told me about how her parents went to a potluck in the 80s and there ended up being like 9 jelly salads and so they had to order pizza. That would be actually amazing.



Plus then there were flourless chocolate cupcakes and champagne chocolates and meringues for dessert. Amazing.



I wish I'd taken a photo of me in my second Christmas dress (why yes I do get two Christmas dresses. Why? Well because I love Christmas doubly. Also, you can call it a Birthday dress if you'd like that but that makes me think of birthday suit. Also it was free at a clothing swap, so I extra deserve it.) and my Christmas apron and santa hat and sparkles and glitter.
It's alright though since I plan on wearing these dresses out over the holiday season.



Went to Dakota afterward. It was very fun, though then it got less fun. haha having expectations for things is hard. Mostly it's okay but it's easy to feel sad if things don't go exactly as planned. I try to be easy-going and relaxed and enjoy things.

A bunch of people I really like came out and Reggie and I had a great little dance party (I even tried to leave the dance party and he wouldn't let me) and Swag made me one of those foldy origami game things where you have the different options and then you fold it around and lift up the tab to see your result. What in gods name are those called? Anyone?
Anyway, the options people could get were "dance" "shots" "smooch" and "high-five". prrrrrretty funny. I didn't use that as much as I should have. I didn't even get one high-five.

People all left pretty early though and then it was lined up and a snowstorm outside so some people came and just left because no one wants to stand in a snowstorm.
Plus so many people were sick, everyone I know has the flu these days. Pretty brutal.
So I was sad to miss some people but it was fun anyhow. Also I hit on zero babes, who knows why.

Ended up going to Redlight with some people and then ended up in deep conversation with a friend that I don't really know about his feelings on My So-Called Life and about about our feelings now versus when we first watched it as kids.
Hahaha the best part is that that's exactly the conversation I wanted to be having.
I actually may get in depth on my feelings on that show these days. Just not right now.



I went home alone (in a good way), but it was funny because all night I'd been telling people I couldn't go home alone because I couldn't get my dress undone by myself. In fact I'd waited until the first guest had arrived at the potluck to get it done up.
But I did end up getting it undone. After wrestling with it for awhile. So... success!


I want Flash Gordon and I to send out these photos to our families in Christmas cards. i wonder if she'll go for it.
I wish I'd taken more birthday party photos but ohhh well.


I have even more from Mrs's party but not right now.

I'm thinking you might want to buy some snowflakes and some cloisonné owls and wrap them up and put them in your suitcase, and then go out and get really drunk and blackout so I can give them to you for Christmas and you will be surprised.
-My mother in an email to me today.



It's amazing how I keep up my Christmas spirit so well considering how little interest in Christmas my mother has. No, Mum loves Christmas she just is not a fan of the work that goes into it. Like the shopping or cooking or decorating or entertaining or wrapping.
Luckily my cousin and I are quickly turning into fanatics, plus my aunts are usually pretty into it.



It's so, so soon until I go home. And I pretty much wasted today right away.


Hey Mum, you know how you used to have that frosted glass window coating? That's my real life window today!

So pretty pretty.
blog comments powered by Disqus