10.10.2009

nuit blanche 2k9

what is this, a shitty-photo blog?

IMG_3324

IMG_3325

NUIT BLANCHE!!!!!!!

IMG_3328

I know a lot of people have been whining on about how Nuit Blanche wasn't very good, but honestly, I think it's always pretty fun. If you decide to have fun at something then you probably will.

IMG_3329
I love the concept of it - all night art party!
I love art and I love party-all-the-time, so obviously this is right up my alley.

IMG_3330

I'll admit, for me Nuit Blanche has definitely been way more about drinking wine from my water bottle than it's been about art.

IMG_3337

IMG_3333

I think next year's goal is to actually go to more areas and see more exhibits and interact more with the interactive installations (I love interactive installations. Obviously.)

IMG_3334

IMG_3336

IMG_3338

IMG_3345

This year I worked two jobs during the day before Nuit Blanche and had a cold so it was definitely not the best set-up. I was completely content to hang in Bellwoods for awhile and then wander down into Liberty Village to see some cardboard and giant drunk crowds.

IMG_3340

IMG_3346

Deck saw one of his friends riding on the bikes (? not really a bike) in this installation and we yelled at her a lot. I love art parties.

IMG_3348


I only made it to about 4 a.m., but I felt like I did a good job, still. I was so, so tired.

I think Sass did a good job of doing Nuit Blanche (judging from that blog post), I wish I'd seen the giant silver bunny in the Eaton Centre and I wish I'd gone down a fun slide.

Also, The Untold City has a great set of photos from the night. If you're interested in non-shitty photos. Which I don't know why you would be.

Favourite picture from last year's Nuit Blanche:


I think my old camera took better night-time shots...

Nuit Blanche post from last year.
blog comments powered by Disqus