10.01.2009

it's cold and I'm ready for mittens

Deck and I watched this whole documentary on youtube the other day, Children Underground, about how there are approximately 20,000 street children in Romania.

"Showing the horrendous effects of Romanian dictator Nicolae Ceausescu's oppressive regime, Edet Belzberg's CHILDREN UNDERGROUND is an unflinchingly brutal, eye-opening work of social commentary. Ceausescu's decision to ban contraception and abortion as a way of increasing the country's work force resulted in a generation of children born into a nearly incomprehensible state of poverty and destitution."





These are the first two videos you can keep clicking through to see the whole thing. Hard to stop watching. It's probably a good thing I watched it with Deck because I probably would have lost it if I watched it on my own. Pretty upsetting.
Really great film, though.



In better news, I now have two phone chargers!
Niki dropped one off for me and then one of my favourite co-workers surprised me with one last night. Nice!

Picture 1
Look, my profile is used on the Small Thing production company website. Neat, hey?

I'm working too much, it feels like there is never enough time in the day. Especially because I want to spend most of it lazing around. Obviously.
blog comments powered by Disqus