7.20.2008

work today for the first time in a week!

My BFF was on the patio at Futures when there was that shooting at that corner the other night. I don't want my friends to get shot. Ever. She said everyone hit the deck.
It's a good thing there weren't more guns because then there could have been stray bullets and it could've been a lot messier. I am not okay with guns.



Shit Dudes!

Forgot to tell you:
The short film I did, A Small Thing, is going to Toronto Film Fest!!!

Beat that.

Also. I can't keep potatoes in the house because they invariably become hashbrowns. And are too delicious not to eat in huge quantities.


Okay. I'm still working my way through all of the cottage photos. I'm trying to make it so it's not a bore festival like when some people make you look through their vay cay photos. There's a tonne of them up on my flickr, if you'd like to get started. Pretty hilar, gotta say.

But instead today I will bring you photos from Friday night, where Dollface was looking beyond beyond beyond like lordy lordy but don't tell her you think so because she already has a fat head. Gross.

Ode to Dollface:






boys to the yard, etc

Then some photes of the rest of us.








(hi. you want some? no? I'll eat it all then!)
(I am indeed my mother's daughter. Pretty sure she has a sundress in almost that exact plaid. )


Hey funny funny story for you:

Dudes come in to (veronica) Mars Food where were eating and sit in the booth behind us and immediately start chatting us up. Dollface has a funny expression like "WTF?" we go out for a smoke and she lets us in on how the one dude (instigator of all communique between us) is a dude she met weeks ago who keeps texting her all time trying to get her to hang out. But in real life he failed to recognize her. As my mum said, "most ineffectual stalker, ever."
Best part? He texted her again the next day.. never realizing.

Last night was Carbon Dating Service at Drake. Saskatooners travelling the country in a school-bus. Some of my very favourites. But I was beyond not-feeling-it last night. I just wanted to weep. There is something about seeing people from home where all I want is to impress them. I want to brag and having amazing things to tell them and amaze them, because I live in Toronto... I don't even know.
But this particular group of Saskatooners is umimpressable. They have a weird sort of thing of taking everyone down a notch. It's an odd way of interacting that no matter what makes me feel helpless and like I'm in 10th grade again.
It becomes clearer that I may not be able to live in Saskatoon full-time ever again. Wow that makes me sad. Better get rich.
It was a good show though. For sure. I just wasn't in the mood.


OMG I want Baez Sings Dylan to hurry and get onto my computer!
blog comments powered by Disqus