7.18.2010

stripes and splendour

IMG_7425 1

somehow (magic) my arms have become quite tanned. For me, I mean.
I have so many freckles on my shoulders. And on my nose. And chin.
IMG_7423
IMG_7364 1

I always claim that winter is my favourite season (and by winter I mean Christmas, obviously), but there's something about summer that is just so huge and intense and all-consuming. I honestly feel like I shouldn't be expected to do anything right now other than work on enjoying summer.
IMG_7363
Ohh my deservist attitude.

Stripey bikini is from Honest Ed's it was $4.5 and the dress is from there also (I love Honest Ed's, honestly!) it was $4. I maybe will wear this every day now. Feels like summer. Also what happens if you have to go swimming all of a sudden?? I'll be the one who is prepared!!

IMG_7361

Having one's birthday in the summer time would be alright because then you could have a yard party. I went to two such yard parties this week and both were super-lovely.
I made cards for both dearhearts whose birthdays it was.
Here is one of them:
he posted it on his animated-gif blog, Every Day I've Known You. ha, I like the idea of an animated gif blog.

IMG_7424

Last night's yard party was filled with terribly inappropriate jokes, plus a crushed watermelon-vodka punch, plus people I feel like I should know better. It was a nice mix.

After that party I high-tailed it down to meet Violet and her pals at Crooked Star. Had one drink then went to fetch a bunch of idiots at Camp 4 (and by idiots I clearly mean BFFs). Somehow invited ourselves along to a nice new friend's house for after-partying. Best part (for me) was having a near-silent whisper party in the backyard.
IMG_7360 1

oh, and everyone trying to throw fruit into each others mouths. Did anyone actually catch anything?
IMG_7393


Cpt. Heh and my old friend Carnathan are now buds and you know what this spells. JEALOUSY. I do not like when my friends like each other better than me so I sat myself squarely in between them. Mmmhmm.

IMG_7372 1
When I got home I had a grilled cheese and talked to Sass on the internet. I sincerely wish that Sass still lived here. She is such a good party partner and also a super good listener. Lucky for me she's still be a good internet-listener and always talks babes with me.

IMG_7375
Ohhh yeah, so I got my hair done the other day. Went to an actual real life salon for the first time.
Part of the reason why I do my own hair is because I have an odd phobia of salons. Not the salons themselves but how awkward I feel in them. I do not like stupid small talk and I do not like being nervous about explaining what I want and I do not like being talked into things I don't want.
So I decided to go see a woman I've known since highschool who is called Jesse Crowe and she works at Grateful Head.
And it turned out to be pretty fun!
I felt at ease and we weren't making awkward conversation since we've known each other since she was in grade 9 and I was in grade 11 and we have all those Saskatoon connections to talk about and gossip on.
I'm very pleased with both the cut and the colour and hopefully this colour will last better than the box ones I've been using forever. And I liked that Jess didn't try to make me cut off all my hairs, she barely cut any off at all, actually. She is trying to grow out her own hair right now so I think she knows what it's like to value your stupid long hair and want it to be longer and longer and longer.
IMG_7367
I like that woman, and it was nice to catch up a bit, also.
IMG_7409

IMG_7254 1
I took some photos of some photos of my mother as a young woman. I don't know exactly how old she is here, she could maybe tell you.
IMG_7252 1
Seems to me that she was a pretty cool bitch. I bet we would have been buds. Except she probably would have found me annoying. Moreso than now, I mean.

IMG_7250 1
awwwwwwwww haha classic! how perfect is this picture? How tall and beardy this guy is! What you can't see but can see in other photos is that she has bare feet.

IMG_7249
My brother and my mother have actual chins and even cheekbones, I'm not sure why I had to lose out on this deal but I am not impressed. Mum's eyes look darker in these than in person. They're really more hazel. I have the darkest eyes.
IMG_7244 1
Here is my grandmother. She died before I was born.

Annnyway. I'm going to go watch Hot Tub Time Machine and laze around feeling sorry for myself for no reason.
Planning on going up to Miss Lindeman's parents' house tomorrow and you know what I LOVE ROAD TRIPS. If you know of a road trip you'd like to take me on, please let me know, thanks!

Also, I booked my flight home again Saskatoon August 26th, jfyi!
blog comments powered by Disqus