7.14.2010

sepia beach, where all the old-fashioned looking people go

IMG_7282 1

IMG_7325
IMG_7342

IMG_7294

island lifestyle forever and ever and ever and ever

IMG_7281

wow, even though the last time I went to the island (a month or so ago) I reminded myself that it's really not that hard to get out there and I should do it more often, I still didn't remember how easy it is to get there!
so easy!

IMG_7290 1

quick bike-ride down to the base of Bay (for some reason I rode down Bay and it's SUCH a trip to bike through the stupidest part of Toronto before getting on a boat and being carried away), then you're at the ferries, the ferries come frequently, get on with your bike, enjoy the ferry (boat!boat!boat!), get off the ferry, bike for two seconds, and BAM you're on the beach!
The beach facing away from the city and you can look out and feel like you're at a cottage someplace, not a care in the world.

IMG_7338

Violet and I got going later than expected (my fault because I was making potato salad and stuff), but we still had hours and hours to lie around and chill the eff out.
IMG_7296
Pretty soon Violet starts article-ing (apparently articling is not a word? maybe in legalese?) in a week or so, so I feel like it is her JOB right now to relaxasaurus around.
Also, Violet's been in BC for the past month so I hadn't seen her in forever.

IMG_7314

We stopped for coffees at that little Ward's island coffee shop place and got iced amicanos, so good. We packed potato salad and cheese and crackers and veggies and Budzzz. Thanks, Budweiser, for making a beer I can drink and constantly get made fun of for!
Kind of love Bud.
IMG_7297 1
I swam but Violet didn't swim.

The name Violet reminds me of when I was little and I had two dolls one named Pollyanna and one named Polly. Polly looked just like Pollyanna expect was smaller. Then I got another doll who looked just like them but had dark hair and she just was never part of their gang. I called her Violet.

IMG_7313 1
IMG_7312
Prune came out later on with some Sapporos. Thanks, Sopporo, for making a beer I can drink and is expensive and people respect me more.

IMG_7328
Fucking, sepia. Kind of funny? I'm kind of into it.
IMG_7319
I feel like Prune and I look like we're of our mothers' generation in these. Man, we would totally have hung out with our mothers back in the day.


IMG_7327 1

Pruuuuune is very easy to photograph because she doesn't mind. Violet minds but that doesn't stop me.
IMG_7304

IMG_7329 1
Prune and I stayed until almost nine and I was going to stay longer to read but she pointed out that it was going to get dark anyway because she is a spoilsport like that.

More island photos later. I'm beat!

Man, a whole day of doing nothing can really tire you out, huh?

IMG_7331
IMG_7337 1

I spent this evening watching TV and writing. Now I'm going to read and then go to bed.
IMG_7332
So how's being back in Toronto? Preeeeeetty fun. And also I miss Saskatoon, but it's only like a month until I go back so I might as well live it up live it up here while I can, ya know?

I want to go to the island again on Thursday, who's in?

IMG_7299

Ohhhhh also, I am getting my hair professionally done tomorrow for the first time in ages so get ready for how exciting that's going to be.
hmmmmmmmmm
blog comments powered by Disqus