6.04.2010

worldwide shorts, photos, favourite comedy, etc etc etc bed time

It's Violet's grad tomorrow (from LAW SCHOOL) and I'm going to her convocation and I have to be there at 9 a.m. (shit, son) and so I should be asleep but I'm choosing blogging over that nonsense. Dedication, no??


we eat candies all day in the park!

Oh yes yes so we had the first screening of Hey, George at WWS this afternoon. Luckily we have jobs we are able to get out of/are underemployed so there ended up being a crew of us there. In a nice way.

Since our director was the only director there he got to do the Q&A solo except then he made the mistake of pointing out how me and my co-star, Tanner, were also there (the interviewer said "I believe these two are a real couple, are they a real couple?) and so we got to go up too!
I secretly (not secretly) love interviews and attention so I was perfectly happy to go up. Got a bunch of praise (which, of course, they have to give, but still) and answered some questions. Funtimez!
Me and Tanner are not a real couple. But we did go to college together/have known each other for six+ years so there is an element of complete comfort/love around us. Uh huh.
IMG_6704

Oh yeah before then JL and I went to Aunties for brunch and I had an eggwhite omelet I don't care what they think of me or what happens later.
It was nice. JL is doing well, I think.
He is still tall. I am still overly-small.
IMG_6702
I took these pictures while we were walking. Obviously! My 77 cent umbrella from Honest Ed's is amazing and worth every 77 cent.
IMG_6701
IMG_6699
this one is perfect in so many ways:
IMG_6703
Love it.

After the screening we got lead to a "happy hour" that was happening in one of the university buildings where there was a bit of a party including free drinks (!)
IMG_6716
IMG_6726
Tanner went through my camera and deleted a bunch of pictures of himself he deemed unattractive. Sometimes you only get partial-faces that way.
There are so many unattractive pictures of me in this world. Luckily. Balances out all this bullshit hot-shots 'round here.
IMG_6724
I took some party shots
IMG_6711
IMG_6729
(my hair looks thick for once in my life!)
IMG_6710
IMG_6728
Mrs is so cute!
IMG_6709
Not JL he is a photo-spoil-sport.
IMG_6732
IMG_6707
IMG_6706
IMG_6730
and I took my camera up this awesome flight of stairs to do a photoshoot by myself.
IMG_6737
IMG_6735
then people kept passing by while I tried to nonchalantly pretend that I wasn't taking stupid self-timer pictures of myself. ughghh embarrassing to be me, gotta tell you!
IMG_6739
IMG_6742
IMG_6744
IMG_6745
hey you can see my tiny-face in this one if you look closely:
IMG_6733
just what I was aiming for I am a master artist.

We had to cut out of that to get to a rehearsal - yeah, here's a good tip: be working on something else awesome while you have a screening at a festival because then the world feels awesome like your oyster filled with PEARLS.

You should come to our screening on Saturday because there's a couple of other shorts in our program that are top-notch. For real. The first one especially I am very much looking forward to seeing again. So beautiful.
Plus, with shorts they go so quickly, it'll be nice to have a second viewing of them. For me, at least.
Except the one I hated. That will try my patience again.

Right, right.
After rehearsal we headed back and managed to rush-line-it into the program tonight that was a special Laugh Sabbath/World Wide Shorts night.
So fun!
I am an obvious Laugh Sabbath (especially Let's Get Hot) fan, so I was glad to see this program. Basically all of my favourite Toronto comics in short films! Plus some stand-up! Plus some appetizers!

The curator of the festival remembered me from A Small Thing which screened at WWS two years ago (she insisted one, but it must be two years now. it must.) and she gave us some drink tickets! So nice!

I've pretty much friended Chris Locke and Nathan Fielder, which pretty much makes my day as I find them a little too funny. I know I've posted videos of theirs on here before, but you should listen when I tell you about how good they are.



this is one of the shorts (that I paid good money to see and you can see for free right now embeded on my blog!) that killed me tonight. So great.



okay okay okay okay okay

Basia Bulat into Beachhouse into Beastie Boys -- recently played in order of artist. kind of perfect.
Clipse coming up what happened to that boy
uh huh uh huh

oh god so tired forever.
blog comments powered by Disqus