6.16.2010

bruises and salads

IMG_6860

IMG_6844

I made a couple of salads for set on Saturday. Yeahhh we've been shooting a little short. Funnntimez but more on that later right now I want to tell you about what I made:

POTATO SALAD
(I had never made potato salad before)

First I cooked the potatoes (7 medium potatoes) for until they were softish but not too soft

while that was going on I put 5 eggs (I secretly think that potato salad should be almost half egg salad, anyone else?) in a pot of cold water and brought it to a boil. Then I took it off the element and let it sit for about 11 minutes in the hot water. Then I dumped out the hot water and soaked them in cold water for awhile longer before I peeled and chopped them all

then I chopped up:
1/2 green pepper
lots of green onions
5 radishes
(you could put in red peppers, that'd be good or celery but I don't like celery also maybe peas? or green beans?)

mixed the potatoes in a bunch of mayonaise first then mixed some (lots of) mayo with a little bit of mustard and some vinegar then I added everything all together with some garlic salt and some pepper.
FUCK YEAH.

IMG_6845
IMG_6846
IMG_6847
IMG_6848
(Noodle, I still have your sharpie pen, also by making me call you Noodle here I feel like it lends kind of a nice sense of intimacy to our relationship..uh huhh)


GREEK (rice)PASTA SALAD
(also never made before)

cooked up the rice pasta and cooled it, then mixed it up with
Green peppers
Cucumber (thick sliced)
tomatoes (thick sliced)
black olives
thick crumbled feta

I can't remember if there was anything else...
then I tossed it all together in a greek dressing.
UH HUH.

IMG_6840

Don't you feel like craft on set can really make your day? Or break your day?
Since I have the most dietary restrictions I thought it was best I bring a few things and plus I secretly love cooking/baking for people but I live by myself and get involved with babes who don't like anything healthy or good, so I never get to do it...

IMG_6849

Gluten-free flour and cookie mix was on sale at Metro tonight, first time I'd seen it discounted. I've never tried this brand before. I'm excited!
Who wants to come over for a dinner party??? Mmmmmmmmmmmm

IMG_6841
(oh, lordy, my legs are so bad these days. no wonder no one wants to get all up in this candy)

Shit, son, later on I'm going to tell you the recipe for baked macaroni and cheese casserole that is my favourite thing of life and that I made both yesterday (for set again) and today (for me to eat until I felt so sickly full I was unsure of if I could bike to the play or not).

IMG_6851

Yeeeah I went out with my bud, who I will call The Fever (or possibly Feve for short), tonight. We went to see some people we know do David Mamet's Speed the Plow.
The play was good. Solid. It's nice to see old chums/work chums doing what they love and making their own work (that's the only way any of us get anywhere around here)

While I was waiting (I arrived early, which never ever ever happens) I took all these pictures and I am impressed with my camera's macro setting. I wish the zoom weren't broken. I wish someone would buy me the new iphone just as soon as it comes out...

IMG_6853

Feve is the one who wrote and was in the Fringe play that I did a couple of summers ago. She works with me at ACC and the dome and is very funny.
This is a close-up of her eye:
IMG_6862

After the play we went to Cadillac to have a drink and gossip. Told some preeeetty good stories, epic moments in our lives, tales of our own true terrible behaviours.
Now I want to write a billion plays/shorts/stories/sketches based of how dumb we all are sometimes. And about cast parties. Cast parties are always so dramatic, eh? How could they not be?
I would never go back to being 20. Nuhh uh.
Feve has a sort of webbed hand in the middle there:
IMG_6865
She made me take a picture of it.

IMG_6855
My hands have very few lines on the palm. And they are very light and simple. Supposedly this means that I won't have to work very hard in my life. I bet it's because I never work very hard, ever.
IMG_6858

I'm in the middle of a few days off and I thought I would get some stuff done today but instead I hung in the park mostly with Niki and Bee and Noodle and Kaya and then went out forever.
Maybe tomorrow will be the day of getting things done. Also tomorrow planning on planning NXNE (I guess actually deciding if I'm going to go) and posting my picks. In theory!

IMG_6854
blog comments powered by Disqus