5.10.2010

can I wear sweatpants to brunch?

I took pictures for my band, Entire Cities (notice that it says on their myspace that I am in the band, therefore I am not a liar), last night.
7 people in one shoot? So many eyes! So many eyes that could be closed! Too many closed eyes!
I thought it was pretty fun/funny though. I'm a funny photographer who isn't really sure about being a photographer at all. I'm down to take photos, though. And I take more photos than the average guy.. so I guess I'm a photographer. For a photographer, I sure don't know much, though.
Who wants to teach me???

I also went the Entire Cities show at Rancho. No one was dancing but I still danced but for one song only. But man, dancing on your own when everyone is standing slightly back from the stage? No good.
There's no way to not feel like a heel.
I love Entire Cities, though. So warm and lovely and I sing along all the way.

I also got to see our old pal, Slippers. You might also remember him as my husband.
IMG_1725

I've spent a lot of time in my life having "fake" husbands, hey?
Oh no, have I actually never posted pictures from that wedding? Really? Only to facebook? Is that true? 
I hadn't seen Slippers in forevers, as he'd been living away for awhile.
Upon greeting him,
Meredith: "I've been unfaithful!"
Slippers: "What!"
Meredith: "But only once and it only lasted a minute and he pulled out! That barely counts, right??"

hahaa then later we were talking about how the first thing that many people (me) think about when something interesting happens is "Wow, this is going to make a great story, when can I tell it to people??"
Whereas Slippers said that was his 4th reaction. I asked what were the first three.
1) Can I make this sexier?
2) Can anyone else make this sexier?
3) Can I eat this?

He also added a #5:
5) Is there time to take a picture?

Ha. Classic!

Anyway.
Yeah, I went the gym both Saturday and Sunday.
So What? Do I deserve rewards? Probably. Do I deserve congratulations? Almost certainly. Will I keep this up? Very unlikely.

Before the gym I went and got my extreme flat tire fixed. I had just gotten my whole bike tuned up and fixed and then the next day I came outside to get on it and the front tire was so flat that it was almost off the wheel. Annoying!
So I took it up to the place on Harbord, what it called? Ah, yes, The Bike Joint. They were very nice and I liked it because the two women there were gently singing along to Regina Spektor.
Anyway, I also bought a bell shaped like a teapot.
IT IS SO CUTE.

I didn't even need a bell (though mine is broken-looking, it still works) but I had to have it.

It is similar to this one on Amazon, but with no symbol. It is too cute.
I saw one on a bike outside of Aunties the other day and I'd been thinking of them ever since.
Only $5 at The Bike Joint.


Nothing like riding a freshly tuned-up bike.
So smooth!
So free!
Now I remember why I like biking. So fun.

I also hit up Value Village yesterday. I bought another tiny teapot. I don't know why, it was just a teapot kind of a day. Also got a funny handbag that I need to put a long strap on so I can wear it across my back for bike-riding.

Also picked up some funny black sweatpants, they're sort of short and stylized sort of like ones you'd get at Am Appy and then people were wearing them to the bar for a bit and you were like "hey, why are you wearing sweatpants to the bar?"
Also, finally bought running shoes. I haven't owned proper running shoes since grade school!
These are super nice and simple. I knew Value Village would come through for me! They are navy and white and tough-looking.
People will know I am very serious about SPORTS.
ha, jk. No sports.

She & Him, eh? Volume Two, eh?
yeah I'm feeling it.

BRUNCH TIMEZ.
blog comments powered by Disqus