3.24.2011

and I am progressing abominably

Good morning, I have a headache.


Oh, it's 7 p.m.
Right on.

I went to a sweet clothing swap last night at Russet & Empire in the junction!
One of my favourite vague friends (hopefully soon to become a proper dear friend hahahaaaa Norman terminology) came along with me.
I just texted her to ask what she wants her nickname to be. I received this list:

-Anastasia Candelabra
-LaMontaigne Adirondack
-Right-Eye Winkleton
-Candace Cameron.



Obviously we settled on Candace Cameron Candelabra.



Anyhow, Candace and I went to this clothing swap. Sooo many nice things. I felt a bit embarrassed with what I'd brought after seeing the shit these ladies were laying out. There were lots of people, too, with a bunch of different kinds of clothes. Also there was cake and pllllenty of wine.



I basically cleaned up. So many great things. Dresses and blouses, mostly. Perrrrrfect for spring! (oh god, spring, when is it you'll come to my arms?) A lovely slouchy pair of brown boots, and a pair of white mini-wedge canvas slip-ons. Cute!



After the swap Candace was kind enough to accompany me to my 2nd favourite watering-hole (after Hoops). There we spoke to several of my favourite babes and I might have stayed out until 4:30. See! this is why I shouldn't be trusted to go out on the town!

I ended up telling the dudes I was locked in with after hours all about how I want to be a foster parent sometime. And showing them pictures of the animals in my life. Haaaa, you're welcome, dudes for being such excellent company.
No, it was a pretty nice time. Always a nice time there. Very fond of those dudes. Rotating group of dudes but all of them are rather lovely.



Remember when the snow left? That was great! Remember how it was spring for a minute there?
I'm supposed to work outside at the soccer pitch this weekend. I AM NOT IMPRESSED.
I feel like maybe there are laws that say I shouldn't have to work outside pouring beer if it's below zero.


I have so many freckles! I'm so lucky!


This guy  is messsssssssssssed.

Sometimes when I listen to Joanna Newsom I want to cry. In a nice way. Still unbelievably good. I was singing it to Kaya today, she was into it. Dog fan.

I've made out with 60 people. I feel like that's surprisingly few, hey? In my whole life!?


I recommend that if you're going to call out, "hey! what kind of ducks are you guys!?", you should look around to see if anyone is around, jogging by for instance.

Also, what kind of ducks are the ones that look sort of like puffin-heads and they are pretty white and brown?
I saw a duck guy with a spiky mohawk, too. Lots of freaking birds.
Violet on birds "ew, gross" ahahahahahhhaa.


goddamn digital zoom is awful.

I WANT IT TO BE SUMMER AND I WANT TO GO TO THE ISLAND.

I'm actually starting to feel a helpless sad anger at winter. Like when you're walking and you have wet feet and that point finally hits where you're like this is not okay anymore. That's how I feel about winter.
Soon soon soon soon soon soon I will not remember what wearing a sweater is like. I will long to be chilly again.

In a bit I'm going to cook up some beans and I'm going to put so many onions and zucchinis and mushrooms and salsa and tofu and it's going to be super delicious and I'm getting right prepared to enjoy it.

I woke up this morning forgetting I had made cookies yesterday. Best sort of wake-up surprise!
blog comments powered by Disqus