9.30.2010

shops and glasses!

Apparently Mrs. is going to take me for a ride soon! To visit a store in the junction. I have never been to "the junction", I hear it is nice.
We are going to visit Russet and Empire.
I heard about this store from the Coriander Girl blog, and it just looks too nice not to pay a visit to.

Mrs. and I have have a special interest in these lovely little shops owned by cool young women as we are still very much considering opening a shop of our own but for babies and mums (read: I am trying to pressure Mrs. into going into business with me and she likes to be practical and smart about things ahahaaa).

Yeah I fully just stole all these photos off that blog, maybe I will take my own photos today if I am allowed, we will see.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe I will buy some CHRISTMAS PRESENTS.

For Christmas this year I'm going to attempt to buy as much stuff vintage/second hand, or from smaller shops as possible. Or make as much stuff as possible. And I'm going to attempt to calm down about gifts and be okay with giving little things. Does that make sense?
I always plan more than I can handle and I go overboard with things like stockings and whatnots.


GUYSSS look what came in the mail

GLASSSES

I feel like they look different than the picture on the internet. I feel like they should put pictures of people in the glasses on the internet. Then you'd get a better sense.


I think I really like them, though. They are pretty overwhelming on my tiny face and are very dark and big, but that's kind of the good part. Sometimes your face doesn't need to be all exposed all the time.
Plus I'm like Wayne's World.

I want my other pair to come soon, too!

Clearly Contacts is clearly doing the giveaways to get good publicity and word-of-mouth marketing and I feel like it's working since it was Carlos' sister who showed me the glasses she'd got from them and so I ordered my contacts from them and then now I got super cheap glasses and man, glasses cost so much money normally.
Also, Clearly Contacts has been super-great at customer service and very very easy to use and I like the little extras that come with your order and how they just seem to actually want to do a good job.

Man, I got my last glasses and contacts (I bought two pairs of glasses plus a whole lot of contacts all at once because I'd just done a couple of commercials and felt like I could afford it) at Hakim Optical and MAN, WAS IT BAD SERVICE. Not bad in any particular way but bad because they just did not care at all and it was awkward and awkward shopping in there and everything took longer than expected. Just not a pleasant experience. Ha, sometimes I feel bad bad-mouthing things, but mostly not.

Oh, also, I want to say that I have a pretty easy prescription to fill and not-too-bad of eyes, so glasses have been pretty easy for me to wear. I can understand not wanting to pick out glasses off the internet if you are picky or have bad eyes in different ways. Obviously.



Hey, isn't it annoying that all summer there wasn't enough TV to watch and now it's all TV all the time and I don't have enough moments to watch all my favourites (and new favourites)?
Also, I still love Michael Pitt, especially right now in Boardwalk Empire. MMMMmichael Pitt.

blog comments powered by Disqus