8.02.2009

Owen Sound Road Trip Round Up Last Part (3)!

(actually I think this might be part four but WHATEVER.)

Okay so the next day we went to Sauble Beach. Tried to go to a more private lake so have a quiet swim but we were denied and so we sucked it up and went to this social paradise. So many people! The kind of beach my mum would haaaate.
IMG_2227
The kind of place I would've loooved as a young teenager.
Felt sort of like an American movie, I think that'd be the only place I've seen giant, crowded beaches before.

I don't think I've ever been on a beach with half as many people. In Saskatchewan there's enough lakes for us all to each have our own.

IMG_2222
It was pretty cold, actually. Not too cold for swimming though. I swam the longest for sure. Quail didn't even go in at all! It was delicious after the first few minutes, it just took some getting used to.
IMG_2224
There were giant waves that crashed into me. Giant wave to jump into or swim away with or get knocked over by. So lovely.
IMG_2225
I liked how many babies there were running around. Very very cute. The obnoxious teenagers, not quite as cute.
IMG_2226
We wrapped our beer cans in things so that no one would suspect that we were drinking in public!
IMG_2220
Cpt's says "SODA" now everyone is fooled for sure.
IMG_2221

I've been wanting my special Blizzard from Dairy Queen for so goddamn long except every time I try to go and get one they're out of one of the ingredients that would make it so perfect. I've seriously been after this for about 5 months.
IMG_2229
Smarties with mint (not chocolate) and extra skor added in. Seriously seriously.
Want another please?

After the beach, the rest of the gang went back to the city (lame) and Deck and I stayed another night.
Went to see Bruno with Deck's friends. I was not that keen on seeing it, but it turned out that I did kind of like it. The best was how offended people get by that movie. It's not a great film, but I thought parts were pretty effective and pretty funny.

Went and drank beers by another bonfire in their backyard. Such a nice house, apparently they buy them and flip them. I think they should keep that one, it had a pool!
I bet I would get nothing done if I had a pool. Well, I'd get a lot of lounging done.
They kept this big TV box just to put on the fire. Pretty impressive. IMG_2231
I spent a lot of time this trip standing back from bonfires.
IMG_2233

IMG_8158
IMG_8155
Kind of regret not jumping into the Georgian Bay. It was freezing though, the thought of it even now makes me cringe.
IMG_8156
Gorgeous, gorgeous.
IMG_8157
IMG_8149
Man, I really like that cat. I have such a soft spot for giant tom cats. Especially really deadpan ones.
IMG_8162
IMG_8152

IMG_8164
Mum always makes fun of me for taking pictures of food. I think it makes total sense. I made this omelette. And it was alright. I wish I'd been hungry for it. I mean I really want it now.
IMG_8166

Okay that about sums up the trip, oh yeah, except on our way out Deck took me to a couple of the town's thrift stores. I love smaller town thrift stores! Favourite activity! Anyone remember/know the "Mennonite Clothes Basket" in Rosthern (sp?), Saskatchewan? Best thrift store.
Anyway, i got a very sweet pair of moccasins and a pair of Ked's that are like little brown suede booties.
Riveting, I know.

Well, I hope you're having fun while I'm lounging in the lake...
blog comments powered by Disqus