10.19.2012

he holds the golden books makes the rules

eeeeevery time I think I'm about to be less busy, then WHOOPS, no I'm not.
Not in a bad way, no siree.
(Here I am tearing up at Mrs. and Arrow's wedding. what a lovely day. So fleeting, this life.
It's really unreal how quickly it all slips by.)

I have been feeling less fantastic than what's become usual.
In fact, the other night I watched Downton Abbey and cried hard for half an hour, then set myself on fire.
Haaa, well, I mean, Cpt. Heh was making pasta (with butter-cheese sauce inspired by Honey Boo Boo's family recipe for "Sketti" [sauce=butter and ketchup] which was a massive failure because all the cheese just went a ball. a ball swimming in butter. ahahahaaaa so gross/good?) and I leaned across the stove to get some vitamin b (still up in that for sure) and set my scarf on fire and didn't notice for a moment or two until it had time to get a pretty big flame going.
Guess the property manager should fix the heat so I don't have to wear pashminas all day all night forever.

My other roommate, Slippers, told me that he thought I was a naturally busy person, but NO, GUYS. I'm the kind of person who used to need so much time alone, I used to not leave the house for days at a time. Now it's not at all unusual to be out of the house for 12 hours a day for a few days in a row.
Having fun. Too much fun to resist.

(looooooove this!) (good showcase of my hairdo I did it myself and I was pretty okay with it)

Today I did one very, very fun improv workshop and then I did a set as a part of Big City Improv Fest at the last minute, which was very, very fun.
I start a long-form improv class in a couple of weeks and have another workshop this weekend. Aaaand I have a couple of new teams/projects in the works. Pleased!

I had a bit of a reaction against improv (and maybe especially the whole community/who I felt like I was there/the extremity of it all) after finishing up the conservatory at Second City. It's weird to be so fully immersed in that world. I had to remember that I like other things. So many other things, I like!
But now, after this respite, I'm so wonderfully excited for improv again. I've heard from many other improvisers that they've also gone through times of removing themselves from it for a bit. It's necessary sometimes.


(This one just kills me, I love these two a ridiculous amount. And Mrs's dad is so cute here! He's a preist!)


(I was in charge of holding the golden book! Which it didn't occur to me that it was a bible until way later. Classic.)

okay okay okay okay now:
sleep
theatre office
dog walk
skydome
comedy bar
(brief snooze)
theatre office
comedy bar
theatre
assumably comedy bar
SLEEP
good. good good goooood gooood gooood.



blog comments powered by Disqus