1.26.2010

here are some things that I do like




I will work myself into a better mood. 


THINGS I LIKE LATELY:


MODERN FAMILY
this show is really quite excellent for a basic sitcom. There has been quite a lack of good sitcoms (imho), and this one is solid and funny. 
One of the things that I think is consistently lacking from TV these days (what am I, 70?) is love. And this series seems to understand that while comedy comes from conflict, we need to root for these characters and care about their relationships. 
I especially love Al Bundy in this show. Oh, and obviously Cameron, the big gay dad who used to be a football and star and also is a clown (I'm still scared of clowns, though). Anyway. I like it. 



APPLE CRISP
forever


SEWING UP HOLES IN MY CLOTHES WHILE I WATCH TV
this makes me feel very productive. 


CHEESESTRINGS
Shut-up. I bought these on sale on at shoppers (why does shoppers have so much food there now? It's kind of weird to buy life brand food.), they were so cheap I had to. They taste like pure salt and are fun to eat. Leave me alone. 


LYING ON THE FLOOR
My house is tidy-ish and I'm depressed and lying on the floor makes me feel better. I don't know why. If I lived with roommates they would for sure think I am over-dramatic


DREAMING OF MY WOODWORKING HUSBAND
I want a builder husband who is also artistic who is also funny who is also very smart and loves reading and who is also stable and warm and loving and makes enough money for me to have all the kids and be an actor. He could also teach me a bit about building and then we could work on Habitat for Humanity projects together. FUN TIMES.


Haaaaaaa, that reminds me, remember when I went out a couple of times with that guy who asked me out at Skydome? Who was a crane-operator? 
That was a very good example of the ways in which I'm crazy. Why did I go out with him? He was the opposite of everything I liked. He did nothing except operate cranes and drive a HUGE truck and play video games. He had no interests or hobbies or favourite music. He listened exclusively to the radio. 
But, I have to say, when I served him at Skydome, there was this familiarity about him. I felt so warm towards him and so pleased to see him. So strange. 
Luckily that didn't last. 


IMG_4828
(I took this picture of a picture of me as a baby, I was into fake-cigarettes and driving tractors. I still have similar interests, actually)


SKINS
This is a good British show that is about teenagers who party all the time, do drugs, try to have sex, and sometimes go to school. One of the reasons why I like it is thinking about why I don't lovelovelove it. That makes it interesting. I'm halfway through the second season. I don't know if I'll watch the third. 
I love high-school dramas. 
Oh, cool, all the embedding is disabled on youtube for this show. Too bad for y'all! 


WATCHING MOVIES FOR HOURS
Isn't the winter for hibernation, anyway? Thanks online video!


RUTH BUZZI 
Ruth was barfing a lot yesterday but seems to be feeling better today, hopefully?? Come on, Ruth! She is way more cuddly and sweet when she is feeling ill.... so.. I don't like that she's ill or anything, but I do like cuddly kittens.... 


WORK
to make the moneys.


WALKING TO WORK
I feel a lot stronger since getting back from Saskatoon and now I walk everywhere all the time. It sure takes a long time to get anywhere, but it's improving my mood and clearing my mind a bit. 






Hmm I do feel a bit better now. 
blog comments powered by Disqus