4.24.2009

on babes and babeliness

I get kind of annoyed when I tell people I don't know that well that I have to go because I have to go scope babes and then they say "Oh! Are you a lesbian??"
1) Mostly if you think someone is gay you don't yell "oh are you gay??" (well, at least I don't but maybe I will start now)
2) I am not a lesbian right now, but I would consider it for sure if I found the right lady-babe.
3) Who cares?
4) a babe can be anyone! No matter the gender.

Also, I am tired of the assuming that being a babe is based solely on looks. No f-ing way. I get weirded out by people who are too good-looking, in fact. I feel like overly good-looking people are frequently entitled deservists.
Not to stereotype at all.

My friend was "seeing" this "babe" who was actually more like a "hunk" and he was sort of oozing charm all over the place and I could not take him seriously in any way. At all. He just knew that he was good looking and was milking it very obnoxiously. The Gift of Fear says that being charming is something that you do not something that you are.

I always ask my friends if their new suitors are babes and I feel like it's strange when they say "Umm.. yeah? But he's very, very nice!" VERY NICE = BABE.

Also, I feel like babes' flaws are sometimes the most interesting/lovely things about them.
I said this to my friend and she was not really with me on this at all, except then she started seeing a very pretty babe with terrible back-acne (bacne) and I think for her it made him more realistic somehow, more trustworthy..
Ha! does that make sense? I feel like it does.

Okay it is lovely out, I've done everything I should (mostly, hopefully?), the house is tidyish and the kittens are stretched out in the sun. It is all I can do to not have a nap right now...
I'm going to try to find something else to do.
blog comments powered by Disqus