4.20.2009

"We yearned for the future.

"How did we learn it, that talent for insatiability?"
-Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale


highway sunset




Oh the rain is lovely and I like having my window wide open to it and there was the sound of all the tiny children going into the school across the way as I woke up. They are always laughing and yelling and they are my kind of people.
Now that I have the chance to sleep in, I can't. Of course. Not feeling too well, tired of the same old kinds of pains.
But I've nothing that I have to do right now and I forgot that I love reading and how starting a book is delicious with promise (I try so hard not to read the back of novels or the inside flap, I like knowing nothing about the unfolding story, I don't want to have anything ruined -- unlike my uncle who flips to the back first to make sure it's going to end well before he invests his time).
I do, do love reading, wrapped in a down comforter, especially with a kitten asleep stretched across my chest. And I forgot how pretty the mornings are, I put all my efforts into late-nights and so I miss out on how the day forms itself.
blog comments powered by Disqus