4.09.2008

never shake a babe

omg sunny out! srsly
like 20 degrees or some such non-sense. I have long shorts on!

the other day friend commenting on how it wasn't as warm out as it seemed:
"I'm way more into spring than spring is into itself right now"

Bike-riding! Everything is so much closer again. No longer are my stops and shopping trips dictated by quick walkability or by streetcar routes! My life is going to be so much cheaper with no cost to get to work!

The company that runs the food and beverage in Skydome got bought out and now we're dealing with a whole new overhead management. But it's made awkward by how everyone from our location was kept on.. and they're not really changing the system. It's all a disaster right now. Everything's a mess. We have all these Americans (rude!) watching us all at all times and pretending like they're looking for way to help, but really, they're just looking for use to screw up. I realize that I always hate the first month or so of a new job and if I manage to make it past then, then I generally like it. And this is like a new job. Except with the added frustration of familiarity. This is the longest I've ever worked anywhere, and it used to be my favourite job. I hope it shapes back into something I'd like.. but right now, it's just bad news.
Also, they keep severely over-staffing and have hired all of these new people. It's impossible to make any money because there's way too many of us. I left early on Sunday because we were at about $7 each in tips. Yikes!
Not to sound like a deservist.. but I can't work for minimum wage. It's just not worth it. And I can't deal much more with this corporate breathing-down-our-necks thing they have going on. It stresses me out.
I was overtly rude to their new "Alcohol Compliance Supervisor". I was like "So what do you do Exactly?" and he repeated his job title, "I get that, I know your title, but what do you DO?"
He basically told me that he was watching us at all times to make sure we weren't fucking up the alcohol laws.
He's not there to help, he's not there to get our backs or back us up when there's a problem. Nope, simply there to catch us when we fuck up. "I make sure you do your job, or bad things will happen" direct quote.

Though my job is a walk in the park compared to what one of my gfs is going through. I can't believe some human beings. Who makes these people? The cruel ones?
Where are these people's parents? Are they also fucked up?

Not to state the obvious or anything, but life is really, really hard work sometimes.
I am constantly awed by the shit people have to go through.
And when they manage to still be good people.. extra awing..

I need a good cry. Like for seven hours
blog comments powered by Disqus