6.03.2009

switch kick flick switch lamp switch

IMG_6949

IMG_6956

IMG_6953

IMG_6942

shh I'm busy wishing for a switch
an off-switch, specifically, and I'd flick it
and be over it
and calm and courteous like I'm always intending

and, yes, you could step back back up hold out
let me digest and don't
be polite
instead of honest
that doesn't work
I'll misinterpret it for something stronger longer
harder to walk away from

niceties are not kindness please thank-you
sometimes niceties are the meanest - seeming
to offer what you never could

don't spare my feelings don't offer me
what little you have left lying around
because really
you know it's balls out. cocks on the table.
or at least a quick game of truth-or-dare
(double-dog-dare, promise-to-repeat)

yeah just
let me get my hopes down around here


IMG_6943
blog comments powered by Disqus