6.19.2009

now 3 p.m. feels more like 11 a.m...

Aw, man, I'm so Eddie Murphey's girl.

Too much party. Or just enough?

PICKS FOR TONIGHT::::

7p.m.
Spiral Beach - Whippersnapper Gallery

8p.m.
Matt and Kim - Whippersnapper Gallery

9p.m.
$100 - Dakota Tavern
Foxfire - El Mocambo (down)

10p.m.
Deep Dark Woods (saskatoonfriendspartytown) - Dakota
Wintersleep (9:45, actually) - Yonge and Dundas Square (ugh I wish I didn't have to choose between these two!)

11p.m.
Magneta Lane - Montana mainstage
Hooded Fang - Dakota
Birds of Wales - Cabin

12a.m.
The Coast - Dakota
The Magic - Reverb

1a.m.
The Sadies - El Mocambo (down)
Matt and Kim - Wrongbar

2a.m.
?

3a.m.
The Beauties - Dakota



Day 2 of NXNE went swimmingly. I was a little iffy on the night at first as I wasn't particularly sold on any of the showcases and didn't feel like standing in line for hours and no one seemed to be up for giving her. Except then I called Niki and we borrowed a friend's pass for the night and off we went.

It's kind of nice not having any shows you have to get to, you're free to go where the wind blows ya.
We ended up at the El Mocambo for Natalie Portman's Shaved Head. You can tell by their myspace page how fun these babes are. Preeetty fun. They were really clean sounding magical space odyssey sort of dance party goodness. And Niki and I approved.


We stayed on for You Say Party! We say Die!, I'd heard them and heard of them and never been to see them, so you know, it made sense.
Pretty good. I didn't fall in love with them, but I probably could given opportunity. Or something. Who evens knows what I mean by that.

Then Niki and I went back to my house to drink some more (cheapskates) and play with Tilda Swinton.

Then we went to the Dakota just after 2 to see The Beauties play at 3. Of course, of COURSE it was lined up. Classic.

IMG_1782

We got in pretty quickly though and when we did it was very fun. Met up with some of Niki's pals, made eyes at some babes, danced, loved The Beauties, etc.
Aw man I love The Beauties. Forevers. So good. So fun to dance and sway to.
am I old and boring and only like the same things over again?
Probably.

IMG_1781

All their cuffed-pants kill me still.

IMG_1788
Proof of how late/early it was when I went to bed last night...


Okay, here's some photos from Wednesday for you.

IMG_1759
From when lowercase carmen and I hit up the Drake to meet up with Sass and co.
And took pictures in the washroom. The tiny tiny washroom we were in together. Paaaaaaarty.
IMG_1756

We caught Woodhands' set and it was pretty party but I was not feeling it as much as I could have been maybe. Who knows why.

IMG_1763
Definitely wearing rubber boots. So practical, so comfortable.
IMG_1761

IMG_1774
Sass might have been a bit drunk. I don't know, I'm just guessing.
IMG_1767
We ran into Lisa and we, of course, had to take photos. Obviously.
IMG_1766
IMG_1770
Carmen ended up leaving and it seemed like Sass wanted to party foreverrrrr but then we were both hungryhungry and so we walked ourselves right up to Lakeview Lunch for some breakfast.
IMG_1780
Chatted with our favourite servers, some of whom where there working and some of whom were there drinking...
IMG_1778
I tried to stop Sass from using her Blackberry inappropriately, but... well... not as effectual as I could have been. Win some, lose some.
IMG_1775

I will say that there are possibly even more slimy creeps out and about at 4 a.m. (oh yeah, did you know the bars are serving until then this whole weekend? talk about overkill I mean partytown). As soon as The Beauties finished their set last night and dudes realized that Niki and I weren't necessarily claimed by anyone, then the drunken approaching began. Laaaaaame.
If I am obviously trying to not talk to you, do not point it out as a way to try and make it less awkward. That will not work.
I will not suddenly realize that I do want to talk to you.
No it is not your hat that's making me uninterested.
No it is not that you're from Texas.
It's that you're creepy and I don't care to engage in conversation.
FAIR ENOUGH.


Okay back to the party-grind. Woooooooooooo.
blog comments powered by Disqus