6.17.2009

aw, jeez it's really coming down out there

Rain? Rain? Really? Really you want to rain all the way through North By Northeast?
This happens every year, doesn't it?

Gotta pick up my wristband on my way to work. Then work. Then get this party started. Yeah? Yeah.

Looks like The Drake is going to be the place to be tonight. If you are Sass or I, at least.
The after-party for the NXNE launch is there, with a pretty loaded line-up. DJs upstairs and in the basement peeps like The D'Ubervilles, Lioness, and Woodhands. Uh huh.
I hope I can make it over before it lines up!

How was my wedding reception, you ask?
Quite swell.
Pretty party all the time.
The bands were awesome and party and I do wish more people had dressed up, but what can you do? Some cute costumes but nowhere near enough terrible bridesmaids dresses.

IMG_1727

Oh, yeah, I ended up making my reception dress yesterday out of a sweatshirt. 'Cause that's how I roll? And I wore this weird/pretty crochet urban outfitters poncho(?) thing overtop. I felt pretty.

IMG_1725

I made a pretty sweet wedding song playlist that I had fun dancing to. It included such hitmakers as Boyz 11 Men, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Whitney Houston, and Enigma. We danced our first dance to I Believe I Can Fly and it was magical.
We cut the cake and I tossed the bouquet.

IMG_1723

We were treated to watching a video of our wedding.
I laughed until I cried. The video didn't end up getting edited, and the sound was shitty so music got played instead. It was still amazing. I want to show it to you sometime.

Yeah funtimez. Also, the new issue of the GangLion comic looks pretty amazing. Seriously impressive.


Holy lick I've spent the whole afternoon editing photos and I'm nowhere near done. Tonnes of neat pictures have been backpiling. Hopefully the next few days of having little to do besides party will help me make a dent in it.
blog comments powered by Disqus