6.18.2009

NXNE takes over

Night one of NXNE is already done, and I still haven't posted my show picks!

Haha, i just re-read all my NXNE posts from last year and I definitely have a lot of the same picks. Whatever I love what I love forever.
I wish that Dollface was unemployed again this year so she could be my partytown party-all-the-time partner. SIGHS.
Why do people have to have jobs all the time? Or not have jobs and therefore not have money?
I am sooo broke but I bought an NXNE wristband and a big bottle of vodka..so...
You know.

OKAY

TONIGHT -- THURSDAY:

(I'm doing by venue because that's what tonight seems to be about)

Clintons has:
Boys Who Say No
Great Bloomers
The Darcys
and more
(of those I've only ever seen Boys Who Say No, but I've heard great things about the others)

The Courthouse has the Arts and Crafts showcase:
Timbre Timbre
Still Life Still
Most Serene Republic
and "Special Guest" headliner
(apparently it was Feist and Broken Social Scene last night, so probably not them again tonight? I'm going to bet on something big though)
and more

Lee's Palace has:
Jim Cuddy
Royal Wood
Kevin Hearn
Jenn Grant (!)
Luke Doucet
Justin Rutledge
Skydiggers
and "Special Guest" headliners
(I like this "special guest business, like these shows aren't going to be fucking lined-up as it is)

Also I would suggest

The Beauties at Dakota 3 a.m. (every night this week)

or our old pal Wordburlgar doing a set with Peter Project at Rancho Relaxo at 3 a.m.


Okay hopefully I'll have the rest of my picks posted soon! So that we can party all the time!
blog comments powered by Disqus