1.05.2009

throwing shadows on our eyes

On my way to meet Dollface last night I was walking and thinking and thinking when was the last time I had an excellent party-time night? Then I realized that I'd actually had quite a few lately but still not nearly enough.

But last night was pretty fun. I think I was just in the right sort of mood for fun, I mean sometimes you have to be willing to accept fun into your life.

Met up with Dollface and our friend at Pizza Libretto on Ossington for late dinner
pizzaria libretto
(Dollface took me out on the town because I am a BROKEFACE, one day soon I will be the breadwinner in our relationship. Very soon, I'm planning). I really liked the place, very warm and nice and big tables and it wasn't too busy (obviously late Sunday night) but the menu? There were so, so little vegetarian items. I had the Margarita pizza and it was pretty ridiculously good, but there was so little else I could order. It's nice to have options, you know? The menu looked very good though and very fancy with fancy cheeses and pulled this and that and stuff but not too terribly expensive so if you love meat (like Dollface, steak-queen), you should go there for sure.

Anyway, so we ate and drank and then headed to Dakota but it was lined up of course like always, thanks a lot assholes.
So we went and visited our friend at Communist's Daughter to wait out the line and guess what? We drank some more!
And then got in to Dakota and it was pretty packed but in a nice way, not in a can't-move way.
Dollface got hit on a lot and I laughed. I was being pretty obnoxious but luckily Dollface generally finds that funny. One of her friends was there, a photographer, he was pretty nice we talked cameras and I'm sure I sounded like an idiot. Classic. One guy was pressuring DF to take his number and he borrowed my pen to give it to her and then wanted paper which I refused to find for him so he wrote it on a fiver and I totally kept it. Also DF's friend told the dude that he and DF were a long-time couple but the guy still gave her his number.
ha!
the beauties

the beauties

Danced only a little bit but I was really feeling The Beauties, even more than usual, I mean. I had just been thinking about The Pixies earlier and they played Where is my Mind? and I was pleased.
Oh yes and Serena Ryder was singing and then (my aunt's new favourite) Justin Rutledge also played with them which is kind of fabulous and I kept smiling because I had drunk-face and also because I love loving things.

Not to state the obvious around here but I'm very into being into things.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.
By which I mean that I'm in love with loving things.
um.


Yes and then Bill Priddle played too!


He sang Helpless and it was really lovely. Almost as good as Buffy Sainte-Marie maybe and I always like to hear that song. And Bill's voice is familiar and warm in this way that makes me partly nostalgic and mostly glad.
bill priddle at dakota
bill priddle plays with the beauties

Right after that song they shut down the music and asked to leave.
There had been a fight on the dancefloor, according to Shambers a guy got bottled.. I'd seen paramedics earlier but then there were so many police officers.
We weren't particularly inclined to leave and today I realized that we are exactly those Wal-Mart shoppers who just wanted to keep shopping...
But we did leave, and lost most of DF's suitors but Bill came along back over to Communist's Daughter and guess what? Drank some more!
DF tried to put me in a cab (in a nice way) but I walked home and it was really kind of lovely. I was kind of disappointed at how quickly I got home, I wanted to keep walking..

I'm having troubles making sentences today.

Today DF is maybe going to give me my Christmas present!

I have basically no shifts at work this week and I'm so broke so the only thing to do is make it the
INTENSIVE CREATIVITY SEMINAR
in which I try to work creatively in as many different fields as possible (without spending money) this week.
If you want to come do this with me then you definitely should. Especially given how I have excessive amounts of media and tools...
blog comments powered by Disqus