1.23.2009

Beauty Tubes Mascara

So L'Oreal sent me some stuff to try out their new Double Extension Beauty Tubes mascara. And I like free stuff! So much!
Especially because I needed new mascara.

Anyway. So, I was predisposed to not liking this mascara on account of I bought and tried another similar product which I hated.
But I was pleasantly surprised. It's one of these double-coat things, with a white layer first and then the black over top. It's bad if you don't quite get the tops of your eyelashes with the black and then there's white bits. So do it carefully.
What I liked was the definition. It's almost a bit much. In a good way. And also, it doesn't smudge or smear. I have a tendency to not bathe for a couple of days but it didn't make dark circles under my eyes, which has happened to me sooo much (Party All The Time).
Also, it comes off really easily (which was my beef with the other similar mascara, I could not get it off me). They say 30 seconds in hot water and yep it all came off in the shower. Almost in like little tubes, no lying. Shitty buzz though there were a few of the black mascara bits left in the tub afterward. Probably don't go swimming with this on your face.

I have pretty eyelashes, they are long and very pale.
step one: pale lashes

First coat, white = creepy. and kind of dreamy like an angel of the lord
step two: white coat

Second coat, black and pointy. I would not try putting a second coat of the black. It seems pretty set and into doing what it's doing I'm not going to mess with it.
step three: pointy lashes

Aaaanyway. I have a headache on account of I drank too much hier soir, (surprise, surprise) and all my stories are online because it's the day after Thursday. And I'm going to go lie around and not think too hard.
Strain the brains, etc.
blog comments powered by Disqus