1.16.2009

the lights are on AND I'm home

Bon Iver is good for listening if you are feeling under-the-weather.
Which I definitely am.
Had a bit of a cough yesterday which developed into a full-fledged head and chest cold about half an hour into my shift, working the Lil Wayne concert.
Sexy Sexy Lil Wayne.

But I did end up getting a ride home from a kind co-worker who thought maybe I should not walk when it's this cold and I have a cold.
He thinks I'm a wimp but I am not.
He did have heated seats and other fancy things. I almost rode in the back so that I could watch a movie.

Thanks, Mum, for calling me at 9 a.m. this morning to see if I was effected (affected?) by the blackout
a) you spoke to me last night and that's when it started, don't think I would've mentioned it?
b) it's NINE A.M. I do not get up at that time
c) even if I were effected, what could you have done to help??
No, just kidding (mostly), I appreciate your worry. Except that I was having a terrible time sleeping and then I was up for an hour coughing.
But don't worry I slept until 1 after that.

Nope, no power outage in this household, and I haven't left the house yet today, so I can't say anything about my neighbours. Sucks though, for those who have been without allll night. The Mrs. says her house is very cold. I bet!

Right now I'm GOING BOWLING.
I have never been Toronto-bowling. I'm a little disappointed we could only get an early lane and so it will not be glow-bowling (rock 'n bowling? what do you call that even?).
Going with the cast of the Manson family movie I was in this summer, we are calling it a FAMILY OUTING. Get it???
I really like these kids though, so I'm excited!

I'm bent-set on wearing a dress, so I'm resorting to my old Saskatoon trick - two pairs of leggings.

I gotta tell you, everyone around here keeps going on and on about the weather and how cold it's been, but it really has nothing on what Saskatoon was like over Christmas.
It's not even anywhere near minus 40 here. Not even close.
blog comments powered by Disqus